Questions on organic soil and fertilizer

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by thetravisman101, May 25, 2009.

1. Hi I am looking to make my own organic soil compost. Can anyone tell me what I should use and how I go about making it ? I also need to know what fertilizers to use and when during the outdoor process. Thanks!

2. If your trying to use is this year... its to late...
    what you want is about a 50 50 mix of green and brown... so leaves weeds ect... any visible fungus or mold dont put it into the pile...

if your low on brown new paper clippings... with black ink is fine dont use color ink...

bone meal blood meal. seed meal. bat guano kelp extract mollases and manures are additives to soil to add nok and other micro nutrients...

pine needles with lower your ph in a soil mix and so will peat moss... lime is a good way to counteract this...

anything else?

3. Okay well thank you for your response. I live deep in the woods and there is rich, natural soil which im sure is full of natural organics, so I may try that. Right now I have made my own soil with organic items i have purchased at a garden store (blood and bone, good nitrogen source and soil from the forest. I also started with good root enhancer.

What about a good fertilizer, and when do I start fertilizing? This is my first and im looking for any good info I can get. Ill take pics soon!

4. Dig in some horseshit and/or wormcasts.

5. if you have a good organic soil you. wont have to fertilize...

but teas made from compost and manure airated is good...

molasses isnt concidered a nutrient but it can.. it has k..

lastly fox farm is idiot proof... and almost pure organic...

6. There are 2 types of fert - solid ferts that you dig in and liquid ferts that you add to the water.

Solid ferts get used up, they eventually become turned into rootball. These are supplemented, and eventually replaced, by liquid ferts.