Questions on my closet Grow room.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by XxMFDoomxX, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Alright i have just a few questions.......

1. Can the ducting attached to my grow room be just loose hanging in the room or should i run it out a window(I was thinking that might a look a little suspicious to the neighbors.). Im going to be using a carbon filter and probably a 6" inline to move air out of the room.

2. Moving air into the room would i be able to just cut a hole behind my oscillating fan?

3.Im going to be running a 400watt metal halide and a 400watt Hps for my lighting should i pay the extra for a vented hood or will i be fine with just running fans to keep the light cool.

Thanks for all the advice in advance i want to make sure everything is set and good to go before buying my supplies. Better to plan now then to mess up specially since this equipment is not cheap. Happy toking!:smoke:

2. How big is your space? Is it a tent or an actual closet?

It depends on how you vent in your case. If you chose to exhaust outside, get a window trap for the bottom, run the ducting to the window and have a vent/ screen on the outside of the ducting for security purposes, and put mesh on the window to keep it out of sight from the naked eye.

When you stretch your ducting it will lose slack in it also.

I am running a Super Sun2 hood in my closet with obviously 6" ducting with a 400w. Nothing but fantastic things about the SS2 hood, well worth the money. Hydrofarm has good hoods as well i hear.

A passive intake will work fine as long as you have decent exhaust to pull air out. Its hard to match a forced intake to the exhaust youll need.

-d00bzzz

3. Yah i was looking at a hydrofarm hood but it doesnt have the spot for the ducting so im going be cooling the room with just oscillating fans. And probably gona go with a just passive intake. And throw a dust filter on it to keep the budz clean. Just finished cleaning out my closet today gona hit Homedepot tomorrow. What i was thinking since my house is still under construction is instead of putting double swinging doors, Just drywall one half of the entrance and put some kind of stealth entrance to the closet. That way no on knows theres a closet there.

4. If you can vent through the attic using a standard vent, you should be good. Depending on the size of your space(mine is 4'wX2'dx4'h and an 85 cfm from radioshack does a good job for me.

5. A computer fan probably will not work through a carbon scrubber though. The only way I've found to do it is a good inline fan. There's a LOT of backpressure because of the filter that you have to be able to push through.

6. Yah i plan on getting a vortex inline the 6" one. I believe my room is rated for a 4" but im going to go with the bigger fan and get a speed control and run it through a DiY carbon scrubber. My room is attached to the closet so im just gona run the ducting to the window and probably just screen over is like on blade already stated.

7. Right on. I didn't think I had a smell problem until an acquaintance that is a cop came by to drop off his son Saturday and said he could smell it before I opened the door.

8. He was cool with it lol?

9. Most definitely. I showed him my paperwork before we ever got close to my grow, and then he started asking a TON of questions. I'm a first-time grower so I think that my avg of 1/2oz per plant is ok. Obiously, I'll try to improve. HE estimated the value of my plants at roughly $1000 each. I asked him where in the hell that came from and he said it's what they are told to do. I sure as hell WISH they were worth that much!