Questions on moving to CO (Please Help!)

Discussion in 'General' started by Swish330, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Hey all, ive gotten information over the years from all you fine people here on GC but never became active on the forums myself, but i plan to change that from now on! So thank you all in advance for any information you guys can help me with. Now on to the questions! :hello:

Here are the facts...

I currently am 19 years old
    I am 100% serious/positive that i will be moving to somewhere around Denver or Colorado Springs (Doesnt have to be in these places, just close. 30min or less)
    I will be working a normal job (not sure what yet) so I will be making moderate money to pay for rent, expenses, ect.

Now with these factors in mind, I have some questions!

I was wondering what I would expect to pay for an average apartment either in Denver/Colorado Springs or around those areas. Ideally, i would like to keep my rent below $400 a month, but what are some good areas to look for an apartment?

Also, which area would you say is better for a MMJ patient, or if there is somewhere else besides the places I have listed I would love to know! :smoke:
    What is the MMJ scene down in Colorado like? What are the people like? Are normal, blue collar jobs available to a 19 year old looking to work full time?

How are the quality of dispensaries down there in general? Quality of medication available at these dispensaries? Concentrates, Edibles, Prices?

Also, and its a shame I even have to ask this, is the Federal Gov. doing anything about dispensaries or interfering with Colorado's MMJ laws?

I know this is a long post with a lot of questions, but I am trying to start up the rest of my life and Colorado really seems like the place for me! So thank all of you in advance for reading and responding to this, im sure some of you have some great information on whats what in CO! :D

P.S. ANY other information you fine people feel I should know, please dont hesitate to post in reply to this... im trying to learn anything and everything I need to about this move to Colorado!

2. for 400 a month id say you would have to be in denver, i dunno if they even get that low lol.

Quality of meds in CO is DANK... but there are always the rotten apple dispensaries who suck.... Concentrates are good, prices are excellent, edibles are just as they are everywhere i would expect

Feds SAY they are going to raid some place in CO that dont comply with the 1000 foot rule.. but thats it, so who knows

Plus in denver you are 30 mins from boulder.... hahaha boulder is the best place ever

3. Yeah you probably won't get much lower then 500 and that's gonna be pretty ghetto lol. I'm not to sure about the mmj scence it seems pretty chill but I just get of from my friends with cards and its pretty dank!

4. what are the home prices like in boulder?

i was thinking of moving there . . . . . seems like an awesome place

5. I have a pretty small 2 br thats 750 a month and thats with a discount because i work for the company who is the land lord lol, its generally 850 a month

its expensive man

6. meh not surprising considering how top of the line it is lol

as far as getting high up in the "best places to live" lists and such

7. Medicinal user in the Springs here!

SIRSOG touched on the main questions, so I'll just leave some extra input about the springs.

I rent a 1bdrm apt in the most Northen part of the Springs. I pay about 800-850 a month for EVERYTHING including: Utilities, cable, internet, etc, etc.

Denver is great, but I find it to be a bit too.... "hipster" for me. Too many people that think they're the shit, the traffic gets BANANAS, and their "firearm acceptance" is a bit more close minded than that of 'Springs.

I am only a short 30 minute drive from the D town.

'Springs is just a bit more friendly I think; people are a bit more down to Earth but then again I am a bit biased :D

Hope we helped!

8. I never said that $400 was my max rent I would be willing to pay, just that it is a good price for me personally :smoke:

I am surprised to hear that $500/m would only get me a ghetto apartment there! It is definitely cheaper here where I live :eek:

But either way, I am willing to pay more for an apartment as long as it is close to somewhere I can work and close to some dispensaries! :smoke:

Thank you all for the responses, this is great info im getting!

9. I really love everything I have been hearing about Colorado Springs! I am definitely interested in moving somewhere around there.

10. For people in CO, I have a question.
    After moving there is their a limit to how long to have to wait to get your med card? Like do you have to live in colorado for a certain amount of time?

11. [quote name='"reefercrazyness"']For people in CO, I have a question.
    After moving there is their a limit to how long to have to wait to get your med card? Like do you have to live in colorado for a certain amount of time?[/quote]

You just have to be a resident of co, which I think is as much as getting a state id lol but I'm not positive

12. There are 3 ways to gain your residency in CO:

Colorado Requirements for Residency:
    • Own or operate a business in Colorado.
    • Are gainfully employed in Colorado.
    • Reside in Colorado for 90 consecutive days.
    Hope I helped!

13. SoloG35, Colorado Springs sounds like an awesome place to live! I have actually really been looking into affordable apartments there, so its great to hear positive things about the area as a whole :)

Quick question though, if you dont mind of course! Would I be able to get away with a nice apartment there for around $600-$650 ish? And if so, where is a good patient friendly area there to live? Thanks so much for all your help!