Questions on Marijuana Addiction/Dependence

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by pokpok, Jul 16, 2019.

1. #41 dianamill, Sep 9, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    I have experienced terrible marijuana addiction. I could not function without it. I have no idea whether the addiction was psychological or physical, but I have experienced physical discomfort and sometimes pain if I didn’t get my fix. I never thought something like this was even possible with weed. Well, it was. From what I have read on the internet, I am not the only one who had severe cases of marijuana addiction. I did not know how to quit. Nothing seemed to help. Until I enrolled in a rehab center and there I found Jesus. These Inspirational Bible Verses For Recovery were like mantras to me throughout the whole process. Now I don’t even experience any addiction from weed at all. Even if I smoke once, nothing triggers. I am glad that is over.

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. I'm tired of being addicted to that weed shit. Is there any chance I can quit it quickly? Sorry for bumping, but I really need help, guys

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. #43 High4TheSunrise, Apr 20, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2023
    I've been smoking damn near everyday, since the age of 13 and I've always found it to be about as addictive as coffee. Do I need it to actually function in life? No. Would I rather have it than not? Hell yea.

Happy 420 all <3

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Hi there. Actually, you can quit it quickly, but it won't be easy. You gotta be strong and determined. Have you tried going cold turkey? It's tough, but it works for some people. Or you can try weaning yourself off it slowly. Whatever you do, don't beat yourself up if you slip up. It's all part of the process.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. I think you're confused, that wasn't a quote from me even though you made it look as if it was. Not that it really matters, IMO the statement is factual regardless of who made it and Jerry, the person who actually wrote the statement you gave me credit for, was a bright guy well grounded in reality. I always enjoyed reading his posts.

I have a couple of major disagreements with your source. IMO the author is clueless and has no personal experience with addictions.

6. EVER GO COLD TURKEY ON COFEE? :eek: :thumbsdown: ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. #47 NicholasHoffman, Jun 12, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2023
    It's great that you want to educate yourself and others about marijuana.

8. I’ve spent five years in the chemical addiction field. I have 2 years of formal education in the field, and about 12 years researching pharmacology, drug laws, the history of cannabis…

And I feel like I’ve only scratched the surface.

Cannabis is not physically addictive. I think anything that brings pleasure can be addictive to at least a small percentage of people, but obviously some substances are more addictive than others.

Cigarettes and smokeless tobacco are the most addictive. I’ve seen many trusted sources claim that they have a 30% addiction rate.

Heroin is at like 22% though I question that because I’ve seen Cannabis fall in around 9%. I just don’t believe that nearly 1 in 10 get addicted. I don’t believe it for a second. I know many people that toke and I don’t know 1 person that’s become addicted. Not only that, I’ve never met anyone, to my knowledge, that had a problem with use. I’m sure it happens, but it’s not 9%.

There is only one drug that can have fatal withdrawal: alcohol.

Some experts claim that benzodiazepine withdrawal can also be fatal, but they’re just wrong. I’ve done extensive research on it and it’s not a thing.

Peace!

9. If they admitted pot wasn't addictive, they couldn't charge for treating cannabis addiction. A person saying they have an addiction to weed may even believe it. Some find being a victim is rewarding.

10. I’ve done thousands of hours of research on cannabis over the past 12 years. I discovered that there is zero reason for me to ever stop using it as long as I’m enjoying it.

The largest studies ever done have failed to prove any link to cannabis use & lung cancer. Many studies have shown it can PREVENT cancer because the cannabinoids have cancer fighting properties.

There are zero negative long term effects of cannabis use. ZERO. Heavy smokers may develop a cough, but I’m not a heavy smoker.

Cannabis is not, in any way, associated with any type of disease or illness. You can smoke 20 joints a day for 50 years and you’ll live to be 100 if you don’t smoke cigarettes or drink. People simply do not die from long term cannabis use. It NEVER happens.

So… in my humble opinion, being addicted to cannabis is like being addicted to coffee. In other words… so what. If a person is addicted to cannabis, he really has nothing to worry about and he should be thankful that it’s not alcohol he’s addicted to.

I’m sure I’m not telling you anything you don’t already know.

I probably should mention that there is a tiny percent of people that may experience psychosis following use, according to some. I saw one source that put the number at 1 in 23,000. And I don’t know if I believe that.

I watched a podcast with Dr. Huberman once, the topic being cannabis. He wouldn’t even tell the listeners that alcohol and tobacco pose more health risks to the user. I truly couldn’t believe what I was hearing when he basically said that all three of them are just not good. His “information” is actually doing harm.

Anyone that knows the science UNEQUIVOCALLY knows that alcohol and tobacco are directly linked to dozens of fatal diseases, and cannabis is not. To say that cannabis is just as bad as anything else is nothing short of stupidity and ignorance.

He then went on and read off statistics making it sound like cannabis use poses a high risk of psychosis. The misinformation is truly mind blowing. I’m not even lying; you can find his podcast on YouTube. I’d post it but I haven’t figured that trick out yet. Ha!!!

Peace!

11. And yeah… the addiction treatment industry is a huge business. They don’t that cash flow to stop.

12. You bring up a great point. Just because someone smokes every day is no sign of addiction. It may just mean that they like it.

It only makes sense to smoke often if you enjoy it. Because… fuck it. Before you know it, they’ll be putting you in the dirt with everyone else.

So I’m gonna enjoy life while I can.

:love-m3j: