Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Questions on hash and hash oil

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by my9thtime, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Hi everyone.

I've never tried hash oil, or hash, and I would like to know some basics about it before I do. Keep in mind that I have used search and found nothing.

About hash: Does it store for long? I mean really really long terms, several months for example. Same for hash oil.

Is hash oil okay to store in plastic vials? Also, is it possible to consume it with a lightbulb vaporizer?

Does hash oil's THC concentration vary depending on the potency of the bud you use to make it?

And last question:
    Is Morrocan style hash the same as normal hash in terms of potency? Better, worse?

Sorry if this isn't in the right place, I don't really know where to put questions like this (if this is the inappropriate board, can a mod please move it?)

Any answers are greatly appreciated.

2. Not saying this is the wrong section but im sure you would get better answers in the seasoned tokers section. Im sure you will get your answers here though because iv seen plenty of knowledgeable people here.

Wish i could help but not much of a hash smoker (wish i was :)) Well goodluck with finding your answers :smoke:

3. Thanks. Any response is better then none at all :D

4. Storage: Yes, it can store for a very very long time - Just keep it someplace cool, dry and out of direct sunlight - You can store it for years. Yes, it is fine to store oil in plastic vials

Hash: Hash and hash oil are all essentially the resin glands (trichomes) after they've been removed from the plant material and worked together into a dry or wet substance (hash or oil) - You get out of the hash exactly what you put into it, although hash is commonly associated with a indica style "sedating" effect, if you were to make hash out of some sativas you'd find the high very up-beat and different despite being "hash" - One thing about hash and the quality of the bud you put in is worse weed doesn't neccesarily mean worse hash, it means LESS hash.... Does that make sense? Since all hash is, is cannabinoid trichomes it is logical to conclude that lower grade marijuana (low cannabinoid production) will give you the same GRADE hash as a better plant, but since there are less resin glands overall you will get a smaller QUANTITY of the end product.

Consumption: Yes, you can use a lightbulb vape or pretty much anything else... I'm partial to taking a bit of oil and smearing it down the crease of a rolling paper, then adding a little herb and rolling a spliff.

Morrocan Style: in my experiance this is more a "selling point" than anything that actually matters... There are a couple ways to make hash, the morrocan method uses a "Fingertip roll" style which isn't really very efficient... Morrocan is also almost always made from high yielding Indica variants

5. ^^^
    Very nice reply. Rep for you sir.

6. I dont know if it would be like this were you live but commonly in my state Morrocan Style hash is fake or not 100% hash. It is often mixed with glue, hair and then kief is stirred in. So I would really check it out if someone tells you they have Morrocan hash for sale. People also try to sell red rock Opium in my state which does taste like black tar but is really dragon blood insents. Shady ass drug dealers.

7. Thanks for the heads up. However, I would only make it as a way to make the leaves not go to waste, so it would be me making it for personal use and thus no risk of nasty shit in it.

8. Caprican basically covered it. Thing with storing BHO is that it will start to butter up or begin to turn sandy. It does begin to lose potency, but only miniscule amounts. Charas, bubble, pressed, and morroccan as you said tend to have a longer shelf life than hash oil/BHO since they are actual trichomes rather than the 'essence' of cannabis.

9. with large amounts I would go with making bubble hash although its not the easiest thing to do. otherwise I would go with making iso hash for convenience.