Questions on first grow?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by That One Stoner, Feb 16, 2016.

1. So I'm currently a medical patient in CA and im allowed a few plants. I want to order some auto flowering strains to keep them short and quick. The area I live in is somewhat rural but close to the city so it'd be perfect for someone to steal a few plants so I'd like it flower early as possible instead of conventionally. The last frost has already hit here and im getting ready to order some autos im wondering a lil more specifics. What strains you recommend, how many gals should the pot be, are any nutrients necessary if i get good soil (fox farms) and just advice in general. I've also never heard of an outdoor auto grow so if you have experience let me know
    Appreciate it

2. I want to help but I'm afraid the only advice I can offer on autos is 'friends don't let friends grow autos.' They are crap compared to true bred genetics. Now back to the question. If you need medicine Indica dominants are far more medically important than Sativas. THC is actually one of the least important cannabinoids from a medical standpoint (in most cases, there ARE exceptions, yes I know).

3. Yeah i know but when I say my plants will be stolen if i were to grow a normal strain, im not exaggerating. I heard there was even talk about banning growing in my county due to the marijuana related homicides these last few years from people trying to jack plants. Itd be my first grow so something quick and smoke able is pretty ideal in my opinion. I think ive bought worse bud than my autos could possibly turn out

4. Go for an auto Northern Lights derived strain then. Quick to harvest, great stuff, good medicine.

5. I need to add that the Apocalypse will not be from zombies. It will be from OSG when he finally gets fed up with the fucking Government telling people they can't grow or use a plant that more than just medicine.

6. Unfortunately around here it does actually lead to a lot of violence and theft. My cousins best friend got murdered in a shooting he had nothing to do with. The guy he was walking with stole some plants. I didnt know the guy personally but my point is just that it can be dangerous. But then again those who are really going to have illegal guns on their grow cite are probably gonna grow regardless of laws

7. Why not just have a 2x2 box in your house, leave a mother plant in any room, and take cuttings anytime you want or need to grow again. While I kind of like the idea of autos, you can go from clone to bud in 12 to 14 weeks if not sooner from cloning a mother in your house.