Questions on Absolute Basics

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GroTrees, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Ive been reading up on growing for awhile now, but i have never posted, I'm planning on growing some plants outdoors in the woods this summer, I've got that mostly planned out, but I have a few questions and I'm thinkin about doing a little expierimenting before the grow season. So here go the questions.

1. the germination method where you put the seeds in a cup of water and if they sink theyre alive, they float there dead, this starts the grow process right? so u can't test your seeds and then save them for later you have to plant them immediately after?
    2. will plants grow under a basic household lightbulb?
    3. when the seeds are soaking on the paper towel do you want light, does it matter?
    4. will putting a large flat pan (one with lots of surface area)filled with water in your grow room help raise the humidity?
    5. if im growing in the woods and using fishing line and chicken wire how high would the chicken wire need to be and how high should the fishing line be?
    6. if im planting in the ground, but digging a whole and putting my own soil into it, what would be the best soil mix for the whole entire grow?

That's all i can think of for now, thanks for reading any help would be great.

2. HIGH All, read, read, read some more my friend. Suck up All the info you can.

First ?...most will likely be immature if they float...I've had viable seeds float.

Second ?...No

Third ?...when seeds are germing there is no need for light...a warm dark place works.

Forth ?...yes

Fifth ?...I'm against fishing line in the woods..ever seen a animal or bird caught in the shit...not pretty. Chicken wire??? Seems like a lot of work. Best thing to do is make sure your O.F.F.F. animal trails.

Sixth ?...so many soil mixs out there..Organic and other mixs can be found here somewhere.

The most important thing when growing is YOU have FUN.