Questions for first time flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by The Domster, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Hi all! I have two lovely ladies (hopefully) in my flower room and this is my first time. they are about 1 week in and under a 400hps. One is at 33" and the other is 3'

so how much taller should they get?
    could too tall be bad?
    if so, how can i control their height?
    and is pruning necessary?

I appreciate any advice!

Attached Files:

• 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      239.6 KB
      Views:
  2. anyone? lol

3. hey the domster, your plants look very nice.wath i can say is weed can grow aroud
    1 to 2 feet long during flowering period,

keep your light at around 18 '' above your plant.

and it is important if we can know the strain ??

keep it growing

4. which fertilizer you use???

5. hey thanks for stoppin by!
    and one is bubba kush and the other is ice.
    and i'm using aquavega A&B nutes

6. bubba kush is a good yielder and as a good buzzz !!!

i dont know aquavega nutes,but it look to work well.

keep it growing

7. yeah thanks! and yeah i hadn't heard of it but the local shop recommended it

8. you plants will probably get 1/3 taller during flower. you can tie the tops down if they get too close to the light. Tying the tops down to the side will also increase the bud production on the lower nodes as they will get more light. the guy who said 18 inches is off base. if your hps is in a glass tube you can get way closer than this. if not you can still get way closer. put your hands above the plants and move the light down till you can just feel the heat then raise it 1 inch. the closer the light the bigger the buds and denser too. keep adjusting the height as they grow. I always tie the plants down this will increase your harvest immensely.

9. ey thanks for the advice! my light is in a hood with a glass bottom and plenty of airflow so its a little less than a 12" away. how exactly do you tie them down? or somewhere i could see examples?

10. Look up lst on YouTube

11. Just tie some string just below the top and bend it over a bit. Look up LST or low stress training.