Questions for experienced indoor growers regarding 8'x16' setup

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Triggers, Nov 11, 2018.

1. About two years ago i completed my first real grow. 5x5 tent, 4 bucket DWC and 1000 watt hps and yielded just over 27oz of Northern Lights . I now have the space to setup a new improved larger scale grow. I have a 8x16x6.5 space I'm willing to devote to becoming a grow room. Unfortunately this space is in a pretty "rough" partly finished basement. My current plan is to basically create an "envelope" with panda film to make a room completely sealed off from basement air, bugs, etc. Basement is non-heated (Cold climate) but stays around 50-60 degrees most of year. My plan would be 8" active intake pulling air from main floor of house and 8" exhaust either venting to basement or back to main floor.

Now that you have an idea what I'm shooting for, what would you recommend as far as lighting setup? I will be sticking with hydro but unsure of exactly what system, Although most likely Deep Water Culture (DWC). My current thought is two rows of plants in middle of room so all plants are easily accessible. Maybe 6 plants per row for a total of 12 plants? I'm not willing to spend a few thousand on hydro system(current culture) what are some inexpensive options there?

I'm here to learn, so to all of you that know your stuff, Please speak up this is new territory for me.