questions bout growing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by weed_lover_84, Feb 2, 2003.

1. I am a first time grower and could use some imput. From what I here thier is a male and female plant. The female is the only one that will bud, is this true. I here that the female sprouts from the botter or ronded off end and the male is from the pointed end. I know for sure that the oldest is the femail but the other 2 I am unsure of. So I am wondering is thier a differance or not? any help is verry useful. thanks.

2. Males usually have low thc and are only used for breeding or hemp....females have much higher thc count....usually you want to get rid of the males, unless you want your females pollinated

3. Well that is good to know. I got the female in a differant pot. It is proble like 3 or 4 weeks old now, it is growing good though. I thought it almost dies the other day but after I got it back to the warm room it cam back up. you think it could of hurt it being in a cold room a few days? it really hasnt grown much since.

4. the temp has to maintained to approx 70-80 degrees farenheit, it can go down by approx 15 degrees during the night.....the cold has most probably stressed your plant, it should recover if the temp is maintained.....Peace out....Sid

5. Thanks guys. but now i know the ph will have an impact on it to. What kind of ph tester do I need and where you think I should try to keep the ph?

6. well you can buy a ph tester from most growing places, everyone in the states keeps talking about lowes and walmart, don't know if you'll get one there but hey what do i know, i'm in Scotland, as for where to keep it, i like to keep mine at approx 6.2-7....Peace out...Sid

7. Thanks come to think of it I dont live to far from a walmart lol. I will try to get a tester and see what the ph is. I think it will be ok cuz I got the drit form where I worked last.