Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Questions about weed in college.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Finn TheHuman, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Get a pocket Vape for your dorm. Look at IoLite s. or a volcano if you get some extra graduation money. Vapes are the Best thing to use in the dorms man

image-477772018.jpg

2. It's all about who your RA is. If u get a bitch that is against weed I would be careful. 2 of my buddies got booted out of school cuz they wanted to blaze in the bathroom of the dorms. I am sure u will meet enough people that live next to campus where u can go to get you bong rips out

3. Like many have said, it depends on the school.

But to be safe, I'd say keep your shit small and keep it hidden. Just get like a spoon to smoke out of and maybe a chillum or 1 hitter if you want. I always just kept my bud in a small mason jar, or airtight container and was never caught in dorms.

As for where to smoke, smoking in rooms is just asking to get caught. Its never really smart. Just search around your dorm for little places out of the way, or in the woods, or something. At my school we had this little trail next to the dorm that went to this cool picnic shelter with tables and stuff, it was cool in the rain cause it had a giant roof and there would be tons of people out there just all chillin and passing bowls/blunts/etc around.

Anyway, i rambled cause i'm super stoned, but yeah... just be smart about it. Don't run around advertising you're about to smoke or yelling about weed in front of RA's or anything lol.

If you're smart you should be fine.

Good luck

4. My RA was a bitch. if he thought he smelt smoke he would come knocking at your door trying to see whats going on. to fuck with him we would just burn papers down the hall

5. Im definitely going to look into a vape like this. Ive always wanted one.

Good advice, thank you. That picnic spot sounds awesome btw!

6. Second.

7. #27 F. Fontaine, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012
    I'm in college right now. I go school in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Due to the nature of the school, marijuana is not tolerated whatsoever. Even though weed is decriminalized in Massachusetts, my school is very strict when it comes to its drug policy. They want to uphold their international reputation or something. I've known some people that have been caught and denied housing for the semester or have been denied from coming back to the school. Smoking in the room - I've done it but its not recommended. My roommates and I hotboxed our bathroom freshmen year but like I said, it's not recommended. Smoke outside if you can.

My roommates also brought down their vape and we use that frequently. I would recommend using a vaporizer if you can. If you must smoke, no heavy sessions. There were times when I would smoke in my room and I would smoke a bowl. To reduce the smell, I open a window, pack enough for a snapper, light it, cover bowl with lighter, unload the ashes out the window, exhale out the window. Window stays open for 5 minutes.

Keeping weed in your dorm room is not hard to do as long as you have a hiding place. I kept mine in a bag because it simply wouldn't be around long enough for me to place it in a jar. Plus, it would take up less space. My roommate brought an ounce down at the beginning of the semester and he put that in a jar and placed it in a locked safe behind some things in his bed. Make sure all weed paraphernalia is out of sight at all times. There can be times when you are not in the room and your roommate can leave the door open and anyone can just walk in.

Finally, be selective in who knows you smoke. All of my friends know I smoke like a chimney and they don't care partially because of the fact many of them are stoners themselves. I've never been snitched on but I have heard of one case where a friend of mine's roommate spazzed out at him freshman year and almost made him get expelled because he found his bowl. Make sure you have 4/20 friendly roommates.

8. Yeah, I see, interesting...

I'm used to the whole "open window, pack a light bowl, let all smoke go out window, fan on high, etc." deal because thats how I smoke at home a lot to make sure my room doesnt smell. I've gotten good at leaving no trace or smell, but I will probably not smoke in my dorm if not very rarely depending on roommate.

9. I think it really depends on your residence situation.

Although I'd also stick to the age-old mantra: where there's a will there's a way

I'm living on residence, for example, in a hotel-style room with windows that don't open,
    and with a roommate who doesn't know I blaze in the room.
    Yet I can still get high every night in the bathroom if I smoke half-bowls out of my glass spoon.

I even smoke bong on the weekends when my roommate isn't here.

I exercise restraint though, because obviously the less I smoke is the less chance I have of getting caught.

My floor occasionaly reeks of pot, and I know for a fact that some of the RA's toke up with students.
    So in my situation it's fairly easy to be a stoner, you just gotta scope out the scene

10. Damn, sucks that you can't open your windows. The only problem I see with that is that it must be hard to enjoy it when you have to be so strict with yourself. I guess everyone is different, but if I had to worry about a roommate who doesnt know I smoke, I would be pretty paranoid and probably give up haha

11. 50 percent of Americans support the legalization of it. So good chances your roommate blazes or won't care too much about it. The only way he may not be cool with it is if he is misinformed about it, or a catholic, or any religious zealot. One kid on my floor thought I was almost like evil for doing it cuz he was very religious. Never smoke in the dorms :/ it's a pretty stupid idea, easy way to get caught. Just go down to your car (if you have one) and blaze in there. I would always go to my car like 2 or 3 times a day. People saw me smoking out of my bubbler but a lot of them blaze too and would just nod their head when we made eye contact :D. And if you worry about smell of smoke in car get ozium or use some shitty cologne to cover it up. I go to ISU, pre pharmacy major, and the dorms have one window that you can open but the smell of weed travels up through the ceilings to other floors and can get you caught.

12. Word. I agree with all of this.
    I'm going to a college in Mass. As well in Sept (WIT). Do you go to M.I.T bro? I hear they are total dicks about bud over there

13. Smoking in college is pretty easy where I'm from. You get a lot more freedom, and I've never seen a cop bring a search dog into a dorm without a damn good reason.

Enjoy, but don't get carried away. :smoke:

14. Would suck to get some religious zealot as a roommate, but definitely true that the chances are that a rommate would not care are good. Ill just have to wait and see

15. i am not in college, but i can answer most of this for you knowing many who are and reading threads and such. It does depend on the college but honestly it is never responsible to smoke inside the room. it will get searched if the right snitches or people ra's etc smell. you can keep it in there but i would keep it on the DL and make sure it doesnt smell much at all

16. i would stand outside my dorm and smoke jays all the time. no one really cares its college, fuck it

17. No, I don't go to M.I.T. I'm not THAT smart.

18. lol MIT is ridiculous to get into. id hate to stone and go there.

19. I do know some M.I.T. tokers, though. They're real brainiacs. The people at my school are more the "whiz kid" type.

20. #40 TheAshinKusher, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2012
    I'm in Michigan and they have security officers come through the dorm hall multiple times per day. They will fuck you over if they smell weed. Luckily though, Ann Arbor has the most liberal stance on marijuana so anywhere not on campus is straight. If you keep your stash airtight you should be fine.