Questions about watering and nutes

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by L33t chemist, Jan 22, 2012.

1. #1 L33t chemist, Jan 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2012
    I recently started a grow with two dwc, and one soil mix all purp seeds but cannot verify the quality nor the sex...yet anyways. But my question is

- I just used Fox farm ocean harvest in a five gallon paint bucket and know that usually its good for about two weeks or until it gets its 3rd or 4th set of true leaves but what i wanted to ask was would it be good on getting just distilled water until i start the nutrient phase, considering that it is under a 250W HID metal hallide?
    -Also another couple questions would be i know that a few of you guys have hydro stores where you leave and i just wanted to know if you have any positive or negative feedback on that earth compost tea, because i wanted to go either one of two routes basically going all synthetic, or going completely organic with that earth compost tea along side probably some PBP products as the base nutrient.
    -As well as have you guys heard any negative things about i believe its called sun systems lights cause i was thinking about purchasing a 150 W HPS from my hydro store cause its only 100 bucks so i figured if you guys have heard good things i may invest ya dig....

http://www.progressearth.com/images/upload/pics/Product Images/compost-tea-box.jpg

this is the link to that earth compost tea i was talking about as well

But thanks for the input and i hope to hear from you guys soon and will get pictures up as soon as i can

2. And if what i was asking was truly the case would i still give that tea to the plant the same time as giving them the botanicare nutrients or should i feed with the PBP nutes one day then the compost tea another and then fresh ph'd water the last day??

-thank you guys but watering seemed to be the only thing i was concerned about mainly just because i get the mixing of it but i have read, watched and researched many different answers to the questions im asking ya know.

-And i guess last but not least when it comes to soil i do not need to change the soil until my next harvest right? more than anything i know you have to flush 2 weeks prior but i was just making sure there wasn't anything i was missing.

3. Tap water is fine you don't have to use distilled. No you don't change the soil out, and when the plant is done trash the soil.

4. what about the compost tea have you heard anything about that i was reading on it and it seems pretty legitimate but i just meant if you have had any experience or shit along those lines i am tad high but do appreciate the input good buddy

5. No experience in that I buy my nutes. sorry friend

6. Well in that case have you heard or had any experience with the botanicare pro blend nutrient?