Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Questions About Vaporizing

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Thejourney318, Jan 13, 2016.

1. I have two questions that I'd like to hear what people have to say about, related to vaporizing. First of all, an effect for me and many others of regular cannabis intake, is that dream recall is almost entirely erased. Dreaming actually used to be pretty important to me, so it's strange to not remember dreams anymore. When I was vaping for a bit of time before, it began to seem like my dream recall was beginning to improve. I stopped because, well I had to smoke a couple times, and I felt I was clearly getting higher from smoking. So I am wondering whether people have noticed that whereas regular smoking of cannabis makes you lose your dream recall, vaping does not. My second question, is that I've heard from a couple people that, the key to getting really high with a vaporizer, is that you need to hold in the vapor like as long as you can, 15 seconds anyways.

So I do think I'm gonna give vaping another go. So, those are the two questions I'm interested in hearing from people with personal experiences about. Does vaping remove the common effect of frequent cannabis use where dream recall is lost, and is holding in your hits for a long time the key to getting higher with vapes.

2. Vaping is nothing mystical. No reason to hold it in for any longer than any other toke. What you heard is nonsense.

As for it being different? Possibly. I say possibly because it feels like it always creeps on me. It conserves weed and gets you high more efficiently for the same amount of weed in my opinion.

Vaping is vaping. It's something different, it's efficient and it's much cleaner. That being said it's not my favorite way to smoke. To me I hate the "taste" of a vape as it always tastes "green" to me. Hardly ever changes and I'm not a fan of it.

Dream stuff? That's not pot it's you. Seriously. You are dreaming most likely just not remembering. If you where not dreaming at all then you would be in an asylum after a while. When I had untreated sleep apnea I was a borderline zombie. I started back smoking recently and my dreams are there just hard to recall if I even had any. But I know I'm having them every night. I just have to think about it.

If you really think you are not having dreams do a sleep study. You could be having apnea events keeping you from having them.

3. I couldn't tell you on the dream stuff. Honestly, if you're remembering your dreams at all, you're not sleeping well.

I think the key to getting high with a vape is patience. I mean, I can tear through a bowl in a few minutes tops, but when I use my vape it's a longer process. But by the end, I'm usually more (and more pleasurably) high than smoking will get me. But sometimes I just don't want to wait.

4. I'm pretty sure there have been studies showing that weed not only suppresses dream recall but also whether you dream at all. Makes sense to me because after a day or two of not smoking I get very vivid dreams until I either smoke again or go long enough without

5. <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' >Vaping is nothing mystical. No reason to hold it in for any longer than any other toke. What you heard is nonsense. As for it being different? Possibly. I say possibly because it feels like it always creeps on me. It conserves weed and gets you high more efficiently for the same amount of weed in my opinion. Vaping is vaping. It's something different, it's efficient and it's much cleaner. That being said it's not my favorite way to smoke. To me I hate the "taste" of a vape as it always tastes "green" to me. Hardly ever changes and I'm not a fan of it. Dream stuff? That's not pot it's you. Seriously. You are dreaming most likely just not remembering. If you where not dreaming at all then you would be in an asylum after a while. When I had untreated sleep apnea I was a borderline zombie. I started back smoking recently and my dreams are there just hard to recall if I even had any. But I know I'm having them every night. I just have to think about it. If you really think you are not having dreams do a sleep study. You could be having apnea events keeping you from having them</blockquote>

Loss of dream recall with regular cannabis use is a known effect that most people experience...I used to remember a bunch of dreams every night, until I began daily smoking, at which point I lost almost all dream recall. This is not unique to me, this is a known thing.