Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

questions about the looks of a bag i just bought...please chime in!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by rlm89, Oct 10, 2009.

1. #1 rlm89, Oct 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2009
    hey all,

i need to preface by saying that i am not a new smoker...i've been smoking for a few years now. however, i've kept with the same "guy" who always has the same "stuff" the entire time. from what other people have said about what i smoke, it is most correctly identified as beasters. i know another guy who gets the best headies in town every two months, so when he is good i go to him. so i am familiar with one strain of beasters/one strain of decent quality headies, but nothing else.

a few weeks ago, i had a personal falling out with my regular beasters guy (we'd become friends outside of the business relationship). we made peace within days and things were back to normal, so i continued to buy from him on a twice weekly basis. little by little, the quality of the bags he gave me decreased...too much shake was the main problem, and once he threw in probably the biggest stem i have ever seen in person buried under the bud so a) he could claim he didn't see it, and b) i wouldn't notice until later. my friend who also buys from him hasn't noticed a change in the quality of his bags from this guy, so i assume that he's just dumping his shake on me (i'm a college-aged girl and he's a guy in his mid twenties, so he probably thinks that i don't know the difference and that he can string me along...how wrong he is about that!).

so, enough is enough by this point. i decided to start buying from another friend who happens to sell. his stuff isn't quite as good as the stuff i was getting (i call it very high mids borderline beasters), but at least i've been getting quality bags, not the crappy shake and stems.

here is where my question comes in (it's about time, i know, i'm sorry...i'm, uh, :smoking:, and i love to write...)
    i just bought a bag from the new guy today. probably the 3rd or 4th i've gotten from him. and it's far different from anything i've smoked. this new bud is a brighter green than what i've seen before, although when held up to a light source there's a definite presence of crystals covering the leaves. it's a bit more fluffy and moist than what i've gotten before, but also more easily flattened. it's got the same amount of light brown hairs that my previous beasters had, though. i got 1/8th of it which consisted of several larger than usual nugs and a few medium sized ones, probably 8 total. when i pack up a bowl of it, i find that it's harsher than expected on my throat and gives me quite a strange head high. it's still a pretty strong high, i'm just feeling it more in my head versus a full body high. i took 3 or 4 puffs, didn't like how it felt or tasted, and the head high hit me quickly and lasted for about 20 minutes (i'm someone who has to usually smoke two bowls to the face to get a really nice high).

what do y'all think about what i just described? do you think it's worse quality than the beasters i smoked before? better quality? or just different? your input is appreciated.

2. any pics of it ?

3. if only we were all dr. house..

4. [​IMG]

word, i just took this on my webcam so the quality is awful. you may not be able to see the hairs and crystals, but they are there. so that is good. the main difference to me is the brighter green color, bigger leaves making up each nug, and a softer, more hydrated feel. and the differences i noted in my description of the high it gave me. it's got a pretty strong herby smell i just noticed as well...i know, that's a redundant description, but think of it like saying that zifandels taste/smell very grapey.

5. Your old guys bud was crap. Your new guys bud is good, but it is not cured properly, thus it smokes harsh. Problem solved. :wave:

Throw it in a glass jar for a couple of days and you'll find the quality improve.

6. looks very green prolly still wet

p.s. rlm ur a cutie

7. yeah, i'm already keeping it in a jar. after i felt how wet it was i did that right away and put a little bit of dry rice in (it soaks up the moisture).

the thing is, the old guy's bud was pretty good i think. at least i enjoyed it and all of my friends have ended up buying from the guy too. when smoking it with others, i always heard good things about it, and lots of people wanted to know where i found it. it tasted pretty good too. idk.

8. yes, it is VERY green which is what first threw me off, then seeing the big leaves. really strange.

ps. thank you!

9. haha sure thing
    my uncles out in richmond and ive been there a couple times
    how do u like it out there

10. Probably just a different strain, fluffier greener buds (even if it is a little moist) and a "head" high means either sativa or a sativa dominant hybrid - Next time you buy ask your dealer if it has a name.

11. i love it, it's such a cool city. i'm from virginia originally but i just moved to the city. very 420 friendly, we've got two universities in town (u of richmond and VCU). the downtown scene is definitely worth a look if you are ever here.

12. a different strain was my final guess. the color wasn't right for it to be mids because there was too much dimension to it, plus the crystals and hairs. but it definitely did not look like super headies, either. smoking it was the ultimate test, and the high wasn't better or worse, just different.

13. #13 sx420, Oct 10, 2009
    Sounds like a nice sativa that was not cured properly.

14. It could be that your old bags were sativa and now your getting some indica or vice versa, thats my main thought for this.

15. yeah i was there last when i was like 15
    hoping to visit again this summer
    i still have my boogie board haha:D

16. "Mids" "Beasters" and "Headies" are quality indicators, not variant descriptors (that sounded more complicated than it is) - What do you pay? Is it more or less than the old stuff

In my personal opinion, the variant is just as important as the quality... You can usually look around and find a variety that is tailored to how you like your high

17. I'd say it's 'dank' or 'dro'.

I mean, if it really is as you say in your writing, I can be lead to no other conclusion.

18. ah, right, i understand. $60 an eighth for what's known around here as beasters (ie. what other people sell it for too, not just my guy). once in a blue moon someone is selling for $50. from what i know about the rest of the scene, mids can be had for $20 an eighth around here. the stuff i got today is the same price ($60) as everything else i have ever bought.

19. really? that's really not what i expected. i did try to describe it pretty accurately, and also attached a photo (bad quality, i know). thanks for the input, i hope it is as you say. i need to spend some more time with it, possibly some bong rips in a minute. :smoking:

20. #20 IamRolks, Oct 10, 2009
    Looks like they didnt trim it too good and it sounds like it might not have been dried too good.
    But if it get's you blown then light that shit and pass it this way.
    haha
    enjoy.