Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Questions about Pipe Screens?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BudnGraff, Feb 20, 2009.

1. So I'm extemely high right now and whilst I was tokin i burnt a whole in my screen today with my jet lighter and It went down the stem into the water so I'm pretty sure that I didn't inhale any so I think I'm pretty safe, but I was just wondering if it could hurt me.

So yeah, sorry if I repeated a few times but I am really high.

2. you should be fine. you probably did inhale metal but i dont think its anything to worry about. if it happens a lot thats another story. i would just use a regular lighter next time.

3. thanks for the reply, but wouldnt the metal sink in the bong water?

4. yeah, but if your lighter broke the screen it's likely that you inhaled tiny metal particles.

5. you should go to a smoker friendly and buy a glass screen for a pipe they are like a dollar and last untill you lose it and resin hit awesome.

6. If you didn't feel anything in your throat, you should be fine...I'd replace it with a glass screen, like a buck for a couple.

7. thanks GC, ill try and get one asap.

8. Pardon for the noob question but the last time I got a glass screen I didn't quite understand how to use it. It was like a 4 pronged doohickey (made out of glass obviously) and I stuck one of those points/knobs into the hole of my bowl but I don't think it worked too well. I've stuck with metal screens ever since.