Questions about my first grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Hajji28, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Is this “stretching” I see so many other plants that are much shorter but healthier and more filled in.

i wanted to try and yield around a Pound it’s only about 1 and half feet-2 ft tall . It just out rooted a 5gallon pretty quick so I just jumped and slapped it in 15 gallon I know not the smartest idea but it was growing like a weed..

Also do you cut some leaves to allow spots where nodes grow to get more light ? When should I start doing so?

And if started trimming leaves could I clone it off the leaves or do I need a node like section ? If not where should I take clones off of my plant ?

Ignore the crappy reflective setup lol I have a tent on the way .

Attached Files:

2. You can top or supercrop that, any lst of any kind. Seems pretty okay to me, what light are you using?

• Like Like x 1
  3. This looks to be a Sativa dominant strain and a lot of these strains tend to have longer space between the nodes and look like they have stretched when in fact it's just genetics!

If you have it in a 15 gallon, supercrop the hell out of it and say your prayers.... Maybe you could get a pound?

• Like Like x 1
  4. That plant doesn't seem to need defoilation yet. I personally like to take the fan leaves off covering budsites after I flip my lights!

Clones come from branches with growth tips on the end. When/if you defoilate the lower budsites you can take clones from here

Cannabis Defoliation Tutorial To Increase Yields | Grow Weed Easy

What is Schwazzing & What Does Defoliating Cannabis Do? | Grow Weed Easy

Super Cropping Marijuana: Simple Secret to Bigger Yields | Grow Weed Easy

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. 1000 watts on top true and two 70 watt equivalents on the side spectrum lights aimed at the lower half

And excuse me if I sound like a “noob” I have no idea what super cropping is. Can you explain more ?

6. Say your prayers ? Why lol sounds scary

7. thank you ! Last question is I wanted to take a node off and clone it sooner then later when would be a good time because I’d like to clone and flower it within a month after it was cloned so I can see gender of the plant .

8. Because they take a terrible long time to grow and get HUGE even if you start flowering them from seed..
    I think they don't produce a lot of weight but many people trade off weight for that rare Sativa pheno high..

• Like Like x 1
  9. What's this true 1000W on top?

• Like Like x 1
  10. #10 Akinnamon94, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    I do take my clones before I flip the light schedule!

Sorry for the confusion!! You can take them from a plant that's in its vegetative state for more then 6 weeks I think the rule of thumb is!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yeah like @GrowQs said sativas can be grown for very long periods and aren't known for being huge yeilders but I personally love them for their effects and would trade the yield for that any day!

You would have to do a lot of things perfect, plus have a few miracles to pull a pound off of that plant indoors!! Not saying it isn't possible though!

• Like Like x 1
  12. #12 Hajji28, Oct 28, 2019
    It’s a 1800W street light lol not an equivalent is what I was trying to say I’m purchasing a grow light sometime this week to go inside my 48x48x80 grown tent but I needed more advice on which light to buy for that

(don’t make fun of me lol)

Attached Files:

13. I was told by someone to cut the tip once it reached my wanted height I was looking at your links and seen the stressing of the branches and what not but I already planned on allowing it to vegetate as long as possible do you still recommend doing this method ?

Also do you have any recommendations and what light to use for one/two plants in a 48x48x80 grow tent ?

14. Pretty good spacing. Just not much training

• Like Like x 1
  15. How do I go about training ? That’s like helping the guide the growth right? Tying it/ slightly bending It ?

16. You would be lucky to get half a pound but flip it into flower then take clones that way you know the clones are definitely females. How high does your grow area allow?

• Like Like x 1
  17. 48x48x80” so 6’8” minus room for light and bucket so probably only can grow it about 4 and a half feet ?

18. Ideally you would want to flip plant into flower when it's no more than 42" high so start topping and lst until you reach desired allowance for height

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yes, pull stuff to open areas and tie down.

• Like Like x 1
  20. #20 GrasscityGal, Oct 28, 2019
    What is ur budget for lights?

• Like Like x 1