Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

questions about med card

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by greenghoul, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Hey everyone,

So I live in michigan, but I really don't know if I qualify. I read through the sticky and it said "severe or chronic pain"....which is something I suffer from, but I still live a relatively normal life as long as I'm not exercising (which I love, by the way).

When I was in highschool I swam competitively, and in 10th grade I basically got tendonitis in my shoulder and what's known as "breaststroker's knee" (I don't know what the legitimate term is), it was either stop swimming for a year or continue to do them with the risk of it getting much, much worse. Well, I decided to keep swimming (I'm glad I did, I made the cuts for many competitions that year), however, as the years went by my shoulders and knee got worse.

It wasn't terrible my senior year because that's when I started smoking weed, then last year in college I was able to work out and swim without being bothered. Then I got popped and I'm on probation so I can't smoke, my shoulders agitate me most of the day and my knee hurts when I skateboard, sometimes they keep me up at night.

So my main question is, if I do qualify for one and end up getting one, how will this affect getting jobs/scholarships/whatever? If it jeopardizes my chances for anything I won't even bother, then again I'm probably going to do a lot of freelance and they won't look for that...but still, my (possible) future outweighs my shoulders/knee. And I don't want to take away from those that truly need it like cancer patients and such.

Thanks for any help.

PS - sorry if this isn't a fitting topic for this board, if so, please go ahead and delete it/close it, mods.