Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Questions about making hash

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Bangelo91, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if I can make hash or do anything else with stems, one person I talked to said to melt butter and cook the stems for awhile and then to let the melted butter harder again to use as thc buttter on toast or whatever. He said he does it when he's sick so it dosent hurt his throat. Does this really work or is there anything I can do that is better than that.

Thanks

2. well I know of 3 ways.
    #1 sifting, ok your going to want to get your self a pill bottle or something similar if you have a grinder wither a keif screen you can use that if not get some pantyhose. fill your jar/pill bottle (not all the way your going to be shaking)put your screen over the top you can use tape or string or a rubber band what ever. turn over and shake on to a clean suffice such as a mirror. then you can collect your keif and press it.
    #2 Iso hash, for this your going to need a glass jar with a lid, some Isopropyl alcohol aka rubbing alcohol (make sure inactive ingredient only include water) and a coffee filter.Dump your stems in the jar poor alcohol over stems so they are submerged. let sit for 30 sec then shake for 20sec, strain with coffee filter in to Pyrex pan/dish. let sit with fan blowing on it in a well ventilated room (shit stinks and not good to breath)this can take some time. once all the alc is evaporated use razor blade to scrape up.
    #3 Bho, Butane honey oil is make using butane as a solvent. ok for this your going to need some butane that's been refined a few times so its pure need a tube of some kind i use a steal turkey baster from bed bath & beyond, coffee filter,strap, Pyrex dish, and razor blades. first you want to fill your tube with your stems i like to brake them up a bit. once that's full place your coffee filter(also make sure they are the unbleached kind) over the hole strap it on flip your turkey baster over it should have the big needle on it so shoot your butane in the needle the butane will run out the end with the coffee filter into the Pyrex dish let evap and scrape up (make sure when your doing this use a towel or something to cover your hands butane can give you frost bite)

hope this helps good luck

3. There is a small amount of kief on stems, so there is a tiny bit of THC. Personally I just toss them on the compost heap but that's because I have a literally unlimited supply. If you save up enough you can harvest the kief or make some low grade hash oil via the qwiso or bho method.

4. I wish I was in your boat. Ive thought about that but just dont see it being realistic for me, I live in an apartment and I do have closet space but from what I read the lights can be expensive and the room is hard to maintain, humidity, light cycle, clean air. If Im wrong about these things and growing is easier I would love any tips or advice. I do intend to grow my own when Im older and have a house, basement, or something or the sort.

Thanks to everyone for all the ideas.

5. I recommend against apartment growing anyways. Unless you own the property there is no way to really secure it.

6. Thats what I figured, I do own my apartment but I just think it would be too much trouble to maintain, and then if there ever is a need for a repair or water damage or anything like that I think I would have real problems.

By the way, amazing pictures, just amazing. I love the crystals.