Questions about lights first grow box

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by mcweedyGA, Jun 25, 2012.

1. #1 mcweedyGA, Jun 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2012

OK, so after paying too much for random weed, I have decided to Build my own stealth grow box out of a dresser. The dimensions are 32L 16W 25.5 H. I have a fan i bought at home depot ( like a bathroom fan) i can hook up easily and am going to use the ONA and soil moist in the bucket and fan for odor control. My main Questions are what lights to use, i know CFLs are low heat and good lumens, I have done that much research, however i am not a great electrician and don't want to risk burning down my house! So I am looking for good (cheapish) alternative. Walmart has some grow lights, but i don't know if they have enough lumens for the grow. Walmart.com: Lights of America 24" Fluorescent Grow Light Fixture: Decor

Also, i was wondering how many plants can fit in that space, I plan to get the auto seeds and trying LST

Any help is appreciated!:wave: thank you for your time.

PS: I have looked in forums and there is soooo much information to sort through, if you have a link that would help that would be great!

2. anyone? anyone?

3. so 80cm L 40cm W and 63cm H? small space but you can always grow something in it. Might check out some dead peoples left overs in some charity store. You can always tweak the components but changing space sucks balls.

the lights you posted are rated Color: 4200K and is almost useless. 2700k for flowering 6500k for veg. Some mixed is always nice.

The electricity involved in grow room making is not anything major. Just some cutting and taping of wires, just follow a guide step by step if you are uncertain. Most people should be able to wire a light or two with 1 google search and 30 sec of reading.

What is your budget?

4. sorry for confusion not CM but inches... its a tall dresser.. thx for info on lights, i would look into a step by step guide, but i cant find one that has lighting step by step. my budget is as small as possible but anywhere from 100-200 if necessary. (dollars :D )

5. My personal opinion i am still new to growing, but i believe you could grow 1 solid good plant or 3 good plants up to you. and i believe for that size if you wanted to go simple and cheap 2 42 watt cfl 6500k to start then use the same but at 2700k. i seem to have a hard time finding 42 watt at 2700k but you can defiantly find 23 watt ones for $4 a piece then use 4 instead. my 2 cents

6. i know? Thats why i did the conversion? 1 inch=2.5ish cm?

25.5x2.5=63.75.

I got
    39x17x28 inches cabinet and run a 250 hps and wish i had more room. but yeah. toss two 42w next to eachother and lst or scrog 1-2 plants inside it and it should work out. Think i have read you can get them at home depot.

7. Hey McWeedy,

I have a very simple light system rigged up, very minimal wiring and has never failed me in the past. Can buy the parts at home depot for either 10$ for the 3 light setup, or 12ish for the 4 light setup. I can walk you through the wiring, which is, like i said, simple. 3 wires. You will need a grounded plug you no longer care about though.

8. Sry, was high when i read it originally and didnt pit 2 and 2 together :D ty vm for info.