Questions about LED lighting. Possibly switching from DE 1000w

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by MarijuanaMann420, Mar 9, 2018.

1. So ive been looking into led as much as possible and well, im stuck about what led to possibly choose from. There so many lights out there that claim to produce same quality and yield as a DE 1000w which is what i have, but havent actually seen to many grow journals backing it up. Some brands ive kinda been interested in is Blackdog LED phytomax 2 1000, some mars hydro lighting but have kinda seen negative reviews about them. Now last night i stumbled across a product called NextLight Mega. Could anyone direct me towards the direction i am wishing for lol? Of course dont wanna spend arm and a leg but i want something equivalent if not better then my Solis tek de 1000w. Thank you guys for even reading this long post. Had a 5x5 grow room but recently moved and am going to a 4x4 that i wanna rock.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. I run a Nextlight Mini (love it) but @MickFoster runs the Mega and He should join in soon.(Mick turned me on to Nextlight last yr)
    Mean time look for threads on the HLG Quantum Boards..amazing and relatively cheap when you can even find them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nextlight is a great product but they use the exact same leds as other brands of lights that are cheaper. (Samsung LM561C.) I heard that nextlight actually uses the B series which are slightly inferior.

This is what you want. It will rock a 4x4.
    Horticulture Lighting Group HLG-600H Quantum Board LED Kit

• Like Like x 1
  4. Keep the 1000w DE man, you have the best in the game. Unless you're willing to drop over 1k, LED will not compare.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I would love to keep it but the new room has a height of little over 7 feet. Not much room to play with there at all factoring in other supplies needed pots, height of hood from top of canopy, hood dimensions itself. I am willing to drop 1k or more in investing in the right led if it actually does compare to current setup, or outperforms it. That'd be great!

6. Thanks so much for a sense of direction. If money wasn't an issue would this be your final decision out of all the leds? Not loaded with money, wish i was lol. But just curious to your opinion. Thanks a ton man

7. If I wanted to save money I would buy two four packs of qb132 boards from amazon. One in 3500k and one in 2700k. All 8 boards would be about 600 watts maxed out. The best budget power supply for 4 boards is the meanwell LRS-350-36 wired in parallel for $28. You'd need two of those for 8 boards. It would be $350-400 range depending on how you want to hang them. The output would be similar or better then any of the other examples with wider distribution.
    www.amazon.com/4x-QB132-Quantum-Boards-3500K/dp/B078P4K8J9/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1520611587&sr=8-1&keywords=qb132
    www.amazon.com/4x-QB132-Quantum-Boards-2700K/dp/B078P8ZD5P/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1520611587&sr=8-2&keywords=qb132&dpID=41XjScYoDzL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

https://www.arrow.com/en/products/lrs-350-36/mean-well-enterprises

• Like Like x 1
  8. Anyone else got any input towards the subject? Would like to purchase something today, tomorrow, this weekend lol. Just wanna be sure its the best investment. Thanks everyone.

9. I just ordered the HLG-600, I'll post some updates, should be up and running very soon. I've been using 2 (2013) mars 300s (3w chips) along with a HPS 600 with terrific results, went 2 grows without the led, buds were not as frosty, nor fat. So I will retire the HPS for now and see how quantum works, a big thanks to Tbone, he's been the voice here for DIY.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Congrats. You won't be sorry. It's a fantastic light. Looking forward to you seeing it come on.

11. Looks like a week wait, for some reason they ALL seem busy now! Lol.

12. Hey buddy what website did you order that from? Im using growerslights.com and my card keeps getting declined but i just used it elsewhere and it works lol. What the hell lol i really want that damn light

13. You can probably go to HLG's website but growerslights gave me free shipping when HLG did not. Growerslights also offers assembly when HLG doesn't.

They don't have the 600h listed at HLG. Weird.
    Lamps

14. Just a FYI..Arrow put the LRS-350-36s back at $40!:(

15. I know I link that driver so often I noticed that like 2 days ago. It was the best driver for the money last week at $28. Can't believe they bumped it to $40. That's quite a jump. I hope I didn't cause that linking it to so many people. =)

• Like Like x 1
  16. If you buy 5 it's still $28. =)

17. High folks. If my gf holds led flashlights over my plant's during flowering, will it work?

Sorry. But not really.

18. Yeah, that's who I ordered from, used PayPal. There's a 3-5 day lead time on this light

19. Has your light shipped yet? Ordered mine on the 15th but still says its getting ready. I want it now!

20. #20 mr.florista, Mar 24, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    Ordered mine on the 8th, I be patiently waiting. On the 13th said 3-5 day lead time.