questions about growing outdoors

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bigbongtokin, May 8, 2008.

1. im new to growing but i have about 1200 seeds, and i plan to plant about 15 of them in a secluded place that i have been scouting for weeks now, my questions are

1. Can i just use miracle grow potting soil?
    2. I have to hike in water, how much would i need to bring for aproximately 15 plants?
    3. Some of my seeds are black and some of them are white, what does this mean?

I know i have more questions but i will post them here later.
    thank you and +rep to anybody that can help me out.

2. not really any big fans of miracle grow here
    not sure what ur asking in the second question
    use the darker seeds, darker means more mature, more likey to germinate, sprout

3. 1. Just use something other than miracle grow since people seem to hate it here and can't offer help with it cause they instantly say, "the MG killed it"
    2. I wouldn't know how much water you need (I'm assuming you are talking about having to carry the water when you hike to the grow site) but it's gonna be a lot with 15 plants unless you have em on alternating schedules and water 5 day 1 the next 5 day 2 and the last 5 day 3 and water any of them if they need it of course...
    3. Don't use the white ones cause they are infertile and the dark ones are the best as weed4man20 said...

Hope this helps!

4. Darker seeds are most likely to survive. The smaller green/yellow/white ones have a much lower sucess rate.

About miracle grow, some people love it and some people hate it. I personally am using miracle grow ORGANIC'S CHOICE and it seems to be doing fine for me.

For 15 plants, at mature age you will need a good amount of water. Possibly 10-2o gallons depending on enviromental and ground conditions.

5. Ok thanks everybody, another question that i have, are female plants better than male plants and what makes the difference, and how do i tell between the sexes?

6. ok females are what produce buds the flowers of marijuana they have much higher THC content than males

to tell the difference: when the first flowers appear look for little white hairs on the stems if you see those you have a lil girl if you see little balls you have a male

most inportant if you dont want seedy end product kill any males ASAP