1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

Questions About Grow Lights???

Discussion in 'Indoor Marijuana Growing' started by matt88, Jun 1, 2004.

1. I was just at some hardware store and they had some grow lights that were like $10 and they said they were 120watt. I was wondering if these lights would work because they seem really cheap compared to what people talk about on this forum. I am only planing on growing one or two plants would these lights do go or not. Thanx!

2. While I don't know much, I am almost dead sure you can't. You want High Pressure Sodium lights, with red spectrum, and my shopping tells me the price range is in the upper 100-150 dollar range.

3. or if you wanna go ghetto style :p do what i do:

have 3 350 watt hps bulbs, in canada where i am they are 45.00 a peice and with 3 you can grow 3-4 plants all you need is a creative way to support them above the plants i use a three bulb socket with a cord that hangs over the plants i just add more tension as the plants grew larger...carful with this particular setup tho one week i forgot to tune it and one plant grew right into the lights and got toasted. natural selection

Grasscity Deals Near You