Questions about dry herb vape I already bought

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Foxymel, May 31, 2020.

1. So I got the Atmos Jump vaporizer at a smoke shop without doing my research. I know dumb. It has one temp setting of 395F. Which is higher than the ranges I’ve seen for some cannabinols. Is this useless? The most important reason I got one is for health reasons. Is this a piece of crap waste of money?

Jump Kit

I would return it if I could. I tried it for the first time last night and it def got me very high but I was missing the flavor, which is one of the most important things to me. But not as important as health reasons. But I grow my own and have awesome flavor. This was $60. I’m looking to get another one but my budget is less than $100. I’ve been on furlough since March 20th so my budget is not flexible. Is the lack of flavor from this vape or am I doing something wrong? I know better!! I’ve been using this smoke shop for years so I trusted what they told me about it.

2. Vaping will never have the same "flavor" as smoking, because it is a completely different chemical process.

395F is a perfectly fine temperature for vaping in my experience (assuming that your vape is high-quality and provides an even, controlled temperature).

• Like Like x 1
  3. I don’t think it’s that high of quality. It’s having charging issues. Ugh. If I had bought it online I would be returning it but all sells are final at smoke shop. How do you know when your weed is all smoked out?

4. Personal preference. Some people like to take multiple hits, until their herb is chocolate brown and has a "popcorn" smell. I personally prefer to take 1 or 2 hits, until my herb is a golden straw-like color. I feel like most of the THC is released in the first hit, and then after that, it's "past the point of diminishing returns."

I should also mention that I make edibles with my already-vaped herb, so I never feel like I am "wasting" anything by taking fewer hits.

If your herb looks black or charred, and smells like smoke, then you're not "vaping," you're combusting.

• Like Like x 1

5. Yeah I’ve heard you can make edibles with already vaped weed. It makes sense since you cook weed to make edibles. Would you still cook it? I’ve never made edibles but I have more weed than I could smoke in a year and have been thinking about making some.

6. #6 puddleglum, May 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    With already been vaped (ABV) herb, some people get good results just sprinkling it directly on a fatty food, like pizza or mac & cheese. I personally like to grind it to powder with a coffee grinder and then add the powder to brownie mix. The effect is more "sleepy/relaxing" compared to regular edibles.

For green/fresh bud, I really like this recipe (the recipe says "hash" but you can also use flower): Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

7. If you keep your eyes open you can snag a used Vaporbrothers vb1 for around $100. I found mine on ebay 6 years ago for $40, and bought a new $60 whip to go with it. I've been using it daily ever since.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. the temperature of 395F only represents the exact location of the temperature sensor. the herb likely never gets up to that temperature. think of 395F as being the peak temp that any part of your vape or bowl will get to by the end of the bowl. although most of that is assuming that your Atmos has good temperature regulation.

just like when you bake things in the oven, the inside of the bowl pack takes time to come up to temperature.
    and-- even in a conduction vape, airflow from taking hits helps to actively move warm air through the herb and it ends up heating up more and more by the end of the bowl. so if your vape gets it hotter than necessary, I would recommend dumping the bowl out earlier and seeing if it comes out a bit lighter in color.

and for what it's worth, I personally bring my vapes up to around 395 most sessions anyway...

shoot, if it got you high and didn't burn your herb then I'd be happy with the purchase. I would recommend holding off on purchasing another unit until your budget is a bit more flexible. I have a long list of vapes I love and recommend but as far an all-in-one electronic unit, I usually suggest the Arizer Solo II. you can get them for around $170 so... basically a $200 unit all said and done. you should look into them a bit.

the Dynavap is a pretty interesting vape if you haven't seen them. they look like a metal one hitter with a cap over the bowl. you heat it up with a pocket torch and all it does is vaporize your herb if you do it right. it has a small learning curve (and is kind of a novel thing in my eyes) but I find myself using mine regularly nowadays.

sorry for the long ass reply, I tend to do that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fuck buying a used vape no matter how cheap it is dude.. the person who you got it from could straight up have aids or leprosy:laughing:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1

10. The vape or the whip? Lol

11. Or chemicals. Yeah, not something I’d want to get used!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Hell yeah there's just some things you'd never buy used/2nd hand even if you got a vape just for the battery part you'd never know how old it is/if it's been messed with ect, not worth the risk imo :confused_2::laughing::smoke:

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. I got the vaporizer, which is a desktop unit, used. The whip I bought new. No aids or leprosy so far :thumbsup:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. I'm was messing around about the aids/leprosy part lol, I just wouldn't buy anything like that used myself :confused_2::laughing:

15. I agree! I usually toss the bowl when the herb is tan color. It looks like there are trichs on it but the first couple hits will use most up if on a high enough temp like 390.

• Like Like x 1
  16. That vape isn't too bad. It will do the job. Just like mentioned before save up for an arizer air 2 or solo 2. Much better units. Also if you dont mind a desktop unit the arizer extreme q is also very affordable and hard hitting unit. As for temp I prefer 400deg for my air 2 and 420 deg for my desktop unit. Weed is usually good for about 5 or 6 minute session. Also makes great brownies after you vape it.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1

17. I can’t believe it’s still effective. Although I guess it is cooking it for you the same way if you put it in the oven?

18. Yea pretty much same as the oven. A lot hotter than I put the oven at but still activates thc. I usually use 2x the amount from the vaped stuff for recipes.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Informative Informative x 1

19. Talk about stretching your weed!

• Like Like x 1