Questions about cartridges

Discussion in 'E-Liquids & E-Juice, E-Cigarettes' started by tolerancetoohigh, Jan 29, 2019.

1. So this week was the first time I bought a battery and some carts that I assume were homemade. The first cart worked fine at first. However the 2nd cart didn't smoke at all, the light turned on but nothing but air came out. In the end, I had to disassemble the cart and dab the contents. Definitely not my money's worth getting one of those carts at 40 a pop if there's a chance it won't work. When it does work, it's quite enjoyable and I think worthwhile as a treat to myself.

What am I doing wrong? What do I need to look out for?

2. First off don’t dab the contents. Homemade carts mostly use vg/pg and is not safe to dab. There are a few good videos on troubleshooting cartridges. You can always transfer the oil into another cartridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I have run across the same problems. I ordered a basic refillable cartride for 5$ at my local store and now when I run into a cartridge that has issues I just pour the oil into the empty cartridge I bought. Eventually the refillable one will burn out just look for any darkness in the oil and that's a sign the cartridge is going out or something's wrong. Also if you shake the cartridge and get any air bubbles to the top it will also help. Hope this helps some! Happy smoking!

4. It happens. Atomizer just duds. If I was dealing tho, I’d at least test everything with a lil puff to make sure it worked. I’d do that at a dispensary too if I could lol.

But just hit them both right there when you get them. That way your guy can just change it out on the spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Does anyone know how to get vape oil in pa

6. You can make it.

7. I remember when carts first came around we had a lot that had bad coils, which was obviously sad. Due to the fact our guy never kept care of his products as he let them bounce around the back of his seat or in the trunk under grocery bags and other nonsense...

Anyway I forget the first brand that we were getting, they were pretty unreliable so we stopped buying them until something new came along... Then came the FlavRX's and they were great, but we noticed a trend that 1 out of 3 would be D.O.A... Filled, but dead coils... so I managed to transfer as much into a working refillable cartridge I had.

Thankfully I've switched to a new source and haven't had any problems. Once my friends and I realized what our old guy was doing, and what we believe was testing them out himself, and just selling the broken ones, literally tossing 1 or 2 in with every "bulk" order.... It's unfortunate, but some people just aren't cut out for the "job".... No problems anymore, and better prices... so always need to beware, if you don't trust your guy than that's always going to be an issue :(