Questions about 150w hps

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by shc, Jul 28, 2011.

1. i recently upgraded from cfls to a 150w hps from htg supply. i noticed that the bulb has lost a considerable amount of its intensity only after a few days. is that normal? is there a better brand name bulb for a 150 hps that will not lose its intensity?

also, can i up grade the 150w hps by buying a 400w or 250w ballast and bulb and use the reflector and base from the 150w hps?:gc_rocks::gc_rocks::gc_rocks:

2. not sure what you mean by " and base " but If you got their htg model then yes, You can upgrade and keep the same reflector if it suits the size of your new bulb. but not with the floralux.. In regards to the light intensity issue no thats not normal at all. If your sure its not as bright as when you started a few days ago send it back and explain.

if your going to do an upgrade i would suggest sending everything you got back and just getting the bigger system instead of mixing and matching reflectors bulbs and ballasts. Its not a big issue to do so if you have compatible ballast ,bulb, cord.. but you might be wasting light if your reflector isnt big enough to reflect all of the light from the larger bulb.

3. hey thanks for the input. i meant the mogul socket or the actual base that the bulb screws in to. i will contact htg and see what they will do since it is not normal thank you