Questions about 14 mm/14.5mm & 18/18.8 mm.

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by personalit, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Hey there. I'm kinda new to the glass scene and I just wanted to sort some things out before I go a head and buy myself my first glass piece.

I live in a country were head shops don't excist, at least not in the scale like in the US. In all the webshops online I see all those joint sizes to glass bongs. Like this RooR Ice Master; Roor Icemaster Bong 5.0 - 3 Piece Roor Glass Water Bong

As you can see it's either 14.5 or 18.8. I'm only interested in the 14.5 sized joint because I almost always load my bowl with a small amount of hashish. Would these 14.5 mm joint size fit if I would like to buy 14 mm slides from Aqua Lab, this slide: illadelph - Hot Hit Concentrate Slide - Cobalt Blue 14 mm

Those sizes on that site is all 14 mm, compared to EDIT who has 14.5. Is it really that big of a difference? I wouldn't even have this problem if it wasn'tfor that the illy tubes on Aqau run out of stock so fast.

And also what about them ashcatchers who also are in 14.5 on EDIT, and 14 mm on Aqua. Will the 14 mm fit into the 14.5 size, but not 14.5 in a 14 mm? Like this one; Everest Glassworks - Ash Catcher - 14 mm

Can somewone help me out with this size issue? All I want is a nice beaker with 14.mm nice slides and some ash catcher.

Cheers, much love!

2. Some sites abbreviate, but 14.5mm is the same as 14mm, it's a universal sizing.

3. 14 is the same thing as 14.5, just 14.5 is more exact. Some sites abbreviate. Also, having a 14.5 joint has nada to do with the amount you like to pack since the bowls are the same size normally. The bigger joint size allows you to take bigger hits since they have more flow. 14.5 seems to be the standard though.

4. Allright, so there really is just those two sizes - 14.5 mm and 18.8 mm.

So confusing when some sites abbreviate but I guess I know all there is to it now. 14 is 14.5 and both are the same, and 18 is 18.8.

Gonna get myself a 14.5 joint tube now with some sick slides and a fat ash catcher!

Incoming, fire in the hooole!

5. Ya you got it, but there are more sizes, like 9mm and 12mm rubber grommets. Then there are 29mm and larger GONG tubes, but they are harder to come by and not made by that many artists or companies.

6. Hehe, okey man nice. Thank's for the information everybody!