questions about 125w CFL

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by FineKine09, Aug 18, 2010.

1. What do i need to hook these up? I see that they dont fit in regular outlets. i think i need a mogul base, but do i just hook that up with an a/c cord? can someone please explain

also ive heard that you have to keep plants 12in away from these lights. is that true?

2. I just got 2 of these for veg. Fotunately for me I got the sockets with them. I would check the local hardware and see if they have a larger socket. Yes you just hook a cord to it.

3. #3 FineKine09, Aug 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2010
    cool thanks man. i did a lot more reading and i think the self balasted bulbs are a new thing b/c older threads talk about having to have a ballast with big cfls. and lowes only sells 100 watters that need external ballast. but the bulbs i was thinking of buying online say "internal ballast"... so all i need is the larger socket i think

Amazon.com: Feliz 125 Watt CFL Grow Light 2700K: Patio, Lawn & Garden

anyone on the distance to plants? some sites selling the bulbs say 12 in minimum. but others say 2-4 inches...

4. 2-4 inches from top of plants with a good airflow around the lights & plants if you have a crap airflow or stagnant you will have heat issues that close. best to get a thermometer and put it near the tops of your plants to get a good judge of how how everything is and try to keep it under 85 :D