Question with venting my grow room

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Ewilli06, Dec 3, 2008.

1. #1 Ewilli06, Dec 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2008
    My grow room is 4x10 with a 8 foot ceiling and divided into a flower and veg room. the veg room will have a 250 mh and the flowering room will have a 400 hps. will a 6" 435 cfm fan be able to keep the room cool enough or should i hook up a better fan or just use 2 of those? the room it self is only 320 cubic feet but im not sure how much heat the lights put and if temperature controle will become and issue.

only going to be flowering 4-6 plants at a time and keep a mother and clones in the veg room

2. as long as you're cooling your lights with it it sounds great, otherwise you're gonna suck out all your co2 while continually cooling your room. unless that's the only way you're getting co2 in.

3. I am in same boat. I'm trying to go with a sealed room. I don't want to use an a/c in room cause when its on it would be venting out my co2.... right? I was gonna go co2 burner but now I'm to scared of heat so I'll go cannister. I really would like to be one of the fancy ones who has a program to design a sketch on here, but my a.d.d. explanation will have to do... I really hope.

I am making a mom/veg room and a flowering room. Both of these rooms will be sealed and built with in a 10x10 bedroom. In the veg room there will be 2 600 lights that will be used for clones and moms. In the flowering room there will be 2 1000 lights.
    These two rooms will be built side by side in the existing basement bedroom. I will run a can fan from funace room into the main room. The ducting leading from the can fan will run through the first 600 w light in veg through to the flower rooms first 1000w then down to the second 1000w in the flower room and then back into the veg room into the last 600w and back out to furnace through a small filter. Basically the ducting will be in a big c. As well the two rooms will leave about 100 sqft room left over in the basement bedroom. I was planning on putting a bigger filter in the last remaining space there (by door leading into bedroom) and running ducting to a y connection with the last 600w light i mentioned above, and adding another can fan to the exaust end of the "big c" So you would basically have a can fan pushing and pulling the air out of the room and into my crawl space through two can fans and filters. MAke sense? Now my big concern is will this be enough to keep my room at a safe enough temperature. I was also planning on hooking up one small exaust fan in each of the flower and veg room at the roof. I would have these hooked up to thermostat that would trigger them to exaust out air if it was to hot.

So, what do you guys think? Will the highly ventalated shades keep the room cool?
    Or would those emergency exaust fans be working overtime?
    Or am i gonna have to use a a/c and will a window style unit vent out my co2... into my living space as well?

Please the heat/a/c/power issue is weighing heavily on my shoulders. All input is much appreciated. Thanks for you time.

And sorry for budding into your thread. No dis-respect.
    :smoke: