Question to experienced indoor growers!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ganjaganja, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Lucas, who does the Lucas Formula for micro-bloom nutes, advises using an HPS all the way through veg and bloom.

He says he see's an increased yeild that way because an HPS produces more lumens or more light essentially?

I was curious what experienced growers thought about this, and also has anyone tried grows with all hps and the same grow and an mh and hps?

results?

2. Hmmm... I tried this method previously and ended up changing my game up a little bit as 'times changed'. Certainly running an HPS through out the life of the plant will yield a larger plant in veg and larger plant in flower.... however, unless it's a commercial grow, I found that the cost of veg'n a plant with all the fans/lights/etc on 24hrs a day was significantly higher than if I simply veg'ed using CFLs.

Once I did the math I quickly switched. I now veg with a single 150w output CFL per plant and then flower using the HPS. Perhaps I'm robbing myself of an extra ounce or so, but my power bills stay much lower using this method - and that's key to me.