Question Reguarding Crosses

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Swa_Swa, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Say I have a cross between 3 different strains. Could a plant be a different % of each strain every time and vary by how it looks when it's grown by seed? Sorry very hard to word.

It has probably been asked before so if someone could point me in the right direction.

2. Absolutely if you are mixing that many different genes then you can have a ton of variations. Generally if you mix two different and relatively stable strains then you'll get 2 - 3 variations or phenotypes. One will usually resemble the mother, one the father, and one pheno will be a mix of the two. Seems you are talking about a polyhybrid so there will most likely be a wide variety of phenotypes due to the larger variety of genes.

Here's a link I found on google that explains a lot. http://www.mellowgold.com/grow/mjbotany-removed/marijuanabotany3.html

3. Hey Thanks for the reply :hello:

The reason I asked is because the bag seed I planted had a couple different variations between them. I'm pretty sure it's Mexican sativa but was confused because one plant looked like hash plant and the other looked completely different.

Now it makes sense. They're different variations of Oahakan, Pakistani Hash Plant, and Durban.

4. Right now im growing some K-2's that are practically useless becuase there getting killed by the ocean forest dirt.

But, I managed to get my hands on some seeds that came from a big bud/NL cross, that was polinated by a white widwo. I'll be sure to make a log when it gets going. I was wondering the same thing, how much of the gene pool of each will it show.