Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question regarding sore throat =/

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SamsonSimpson, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Hey blades. Was wondering if smoking with my sore throat would make the problem worse? I have a few white spots on my tonsils and at the top of my throat, it hurts to swallow at times, just recovered from a fever 2 days ago. Going to the doctor tomorrow, but yeah. I was really looking forward to breaking headrest tomorrow but my common sense tells me smoking will really only make things much worse or at least irritate it more. So I believe I know the answer, but I wanted you guys' opinions/advice. Has anyone been in a similar predicament?

2. White spots usually mean strep man. So get it check out quick.

I wouldn't smoke if I were you. Not only might the smoke irritate the already sore throat, but also it could slow healing time.

I'm not sure about the second part but I'd have to imagine smoking is not going to do anyhting good for your immune system.

Also, you wouldn't want sick germs on your piece would you?

3. i definitely wouldn't smoke. if you really wanna get high, try vaping if you have one.

4. I smoked twice to 3 times while I had a cough, and it did made it last longer. after a while it went away, but I didn't stop burnin :cool:

5. you won't know until you try right? no risk no gain

6. Like some1 said before, try using a vape, I usually smoke out of that when im sick too. And only when im sick. (usually...)

7. Exactly. Strep is a tough bug. You can reinfect yourself if you don't swab your pieces with alcohol. Best not to smoke until you've had some antibiotics and couple of days to heal.

8. Wait it out man and feel much better!

T0key

9. Got bored and went with this. I packed ice in a bong and the smoke was very smoothe. no burn, no cough, felt fine. Even relieved alot of pain associated with my throat. Im feeling alot better though and the white spots are gone. Go figure :hello: