Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question regarding potency

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Twistedsnail, Apr 24, 2016.

1. I've had a look at the recipes on here and they all use massive amounts of weed, calling 1g per person a low amount.
    That seems insane to me.

I smoke like 1-3 pinches and I'm exactly where I want to be, maybe even above.
    That's only like 0.1g

If I do cooking do I really need 10x my normal smoking dose?

2. Well think about eating them... You'll only need a fraction of a normal serving.

More edibles = more fun.

"The world is in your hands,
    Mine are in the dirt."

3. When you break it down from it's natural state and use it in recipes, it just takes a lot more. We make THC oil occasionally for my husband because that helps him more than anything we've found and I have to sacrifice a whole pound of premium grade A weed for only a few milliliters of oil. But these recipes you're looking at have been arrived at by trial and error and many attempts at making it work. I would hang with the recipe if it were me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. There's gotta be a more efficient way than to use a pound of grade A for a few milliliters of oil, no?

Mine are in the dirt."

5. Your just a really light hit.. I need more.. Much more but I've been smoking it for over 40 years..

[​IMG]
    So here is 437 grams of bud smashed into 6 jars of kief holding about 15 grams of 160 micron dry ice material in each.. 5 grams of hash works out to 30 hash caps..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This 240 odd caps is about 40 grams of hash.. Each cap will keep an adult hammered for about 6 hours..
    I wasn't sure just how this was going to work out changing from an all smoke habit to an all oral one but my total use is down.. Material is stacking up so it's a more efficient use of the same material.. Better in fact as I'd long reached the point of status quo and really wasn't getting stoned any longer.. Not so with the caps..

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  6. Somewhere in bks's thread she states that the misconception of having to eat 3x what you normally smoke to feel it, is wrong. That was old news bc the methods back then were lacking procedures like decarbs.
    Now that i got that off my back, i always make edibles for friends, but more caps lately than anything. Ive found that if you have a good method for extracting, for example psam's tincture, bks's or brassnwoods methods, than you should only need to eat what you smoke on a normal basis. Ive found(through lots of trial n errors, and not others) that most unexperienced smokers can perfectly handle .3g of bud or .05g of hash. I have a mix of ppl w different tolerances that i make em for so i just make them take more caps since i make most w .05g hash(i have to take 4-6 for heavy dose and just 1-2 while working). Lastly i do make really strong ones tho but never give those to the unexperienced, cant let them green out now:)

• Like Like x 3
  7. Damn... I've definitely got to try this. I'm sure you've got a thread on this somewhere?
    Thanks for the info.

Mine are in the dirt."