question regarding ph meters and soil

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HeadStash840, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Hey so Ive grown one plant in a dwc grow box befor and had the Milwaukee MW802 3 in 1 Meter - Ph EC TDS ppm. It worked great for my hydro grow my question is can I use this same meter for my new 9 plant soil grow. I want to get all my facts straight befor I pop my beans in the rooting plugs. I know that I have to test the ph and ppm of the water/nutes before i feed my plants my question is this, is testing of the soil its self required? Also a little insite to testing the runoff is needed aswell. I have never grown in soil before so I dont exactly know what to expect and I dont want to be fucking up my plants trying to figure it out on the fly. I assume that when I feed my plants the runoff will be very diferent from what they were fed with due to additives in soil (fox farms ocean forest) what ph levels should I be looking for and how will the ph of one effect the other (water/nutes, soil, runoff) I have searched the net and cant find my exact answers so any help is appreciated. Thanks