Question regarding percolators

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Hippo Hero, Jan 16, 2012.

1. G'day mates. I bought myself this little fella:

[​IMG]

Just wondering how much water I should be adding. Typically I fill the bottom bubble all the way up, leave the little bubble above it filled with air, then where the percolator is at I usually fill that up with water to right above the slits. Truthfully I don't know if I'm doing it right or wrong as I've never had one and wondered if there's a better way to do it or if I got it right.

Regards,
    Roberto Alamar

Edit: Actually it's not that exact same one, for mine where the second bubble is there is no extra space before the perc starts. On mine right after that bubble stops there's a separator and then the percolator.

2. In that type of ashcatcher, I would put it right above the downstem. In the bong, fill it up like 1/4 inch above the top slit.

Honestly though, those ashcatchers don't function well. Just get dirty/clogged. I'd suggest just getting a slide for it.

3. Just fill it up a little bit past the slits. It will have the least drag and IMO it will smoke better.

4. #4 kliff2004, Jan 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2012
    I dont understand questions like this personally.

But Ill give you the best answer I can come up with.

So you want to know if your doing it right?

well.........did you get high?

If the answer is yes, then yeah, you did it right.

If the answer is no, then no, you did it wrong.

Coming to websites like this perpetuates that their is a right and wrong way to smoke.

This is the result.

You feeling insecure about how you smoke and needing our reassurance.

Changing the level of water isn't about "right and wrong" its about you being comfortable. Since you aren't complaining that the bong is uncomfortable to smoke out of, theres nothing wrong, and your doing it right. Unless your waiting for someone to come along and make you feel uncomfortable.

Cute bong though.

Rest assured, no matter what you do to that bong, minus trying to smoke it out of your ass, you are doing it right.

5. For the bottom "bubble", fill it to about half of a inch above the downstem.

For the perc, fill it only slightly above the top slit.

For the ash catcher, put as little water as possible so the bottom of the downstem is submerged.

A bong will work with as little water in it as you want, you can hit a bong with no water in it. So there is really no wrong way, the water levels I have stated above will give you the least amount of drag. The higher the water levels are, however, the more diffusion that will happen.

Play around with the water levels and decides what YOU like best.