Question regarding oil vape cartridges

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by TroubleAhead420, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Hey everyone,

So I have a dab pen that I use most of the time because there’s little to no smell and I love it. But for some reason the cartridges I get from the dispensary here just stop working like halfway through, idk why.
    I puffed on it fine for a few days and then all of a sudden it just stops hitting. The dab pen works still because I can use it with other cartridges, I even have a different dab pen that I use and it still doesn’t work.
    I keep my dab pen on the recommended 3.7v as to not burn the oil or mess with the filament so is there any reason that this happens?
    I have most of a $40 cartridge that will go to waste if I can’t salvage it. This has been happening with like 1/4 of the cartridges I buy! Help!

2. Are the cartridges the cheap plastic ones? Have u tried cleaning the connecting parts?
    I use to buy the cheaper cartridges like buddies or hush but quit when the same thing started happening to me. I buy the select cartridges now and have no problems.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I don’t know if they’re cheap, they do have plastic tips. I get them from the dispensary so I figured they’d work fine but I guess not! What parts am I supposed to clean?

4. The connectors it’s the metal disk at the bottom. QTip and rubbing alcohol.
    Most of those companies go cheap on the cartridge to try to save $. A lot of the dispensaries here in Oregon won’t let u return them but continue to sell them.
    I buy the same strains all the time so I got a good cartridge that I knew worked and emptied all the trashy ones with a syringe and put the oil in the good cartridge.

• Like Like x 1
  5. no issues here! cartridges have changed the game for me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Thanks I’ll try cleaning it! It sucks that I can’t return them because this happens very often. However they are probably just cheap because I have noticed the ones with the metal mouth pieces always work fine, but the dispensary near me only sells the ones with plastic mouth pieces and it seems like the majority of those stop working

7. The ones with the metal mouth pieces like this always work awesome for me, too bad the dispensary near me only sells the ones with plastic mouthpieces.. they always stop working

• Like Like x 1
  8. out of the hundreds ive had i only ever had them not work at all or only quit working because i would try to use them in a box mod with to high of voltage.

what kind of battery are you using? do you by chance know what kind of ohms that coil is? do they sell refills at the dispensaries in your area?

i love these freaking things. i loved them even more before cops found out what they were.

9. I don’t actually know any of the specs from the pen because my friends mom found it in her couch and gave it to me so I don’t know anything about it. I never have any problems with the ones with the metal mouth piece. I know the temperature isn’t
    wrong because I can adjust it. I tried cleaning it like someone suggested it but still nothing. I bought 3 new cartridges of different brands and they all work so it’s not the pen it’s the cartridge itself!

10. I have found that some don't have the same air hole placement and that you have to back the threads off. Then they will hit normally.

:smoke:

11. Hmm what do you mean by back the threads off??

12. Try to find cartridges that use a ceramic atomizer rather than the ones with the wick - there are some concerns over your health if it is a silica wick, but in general the ceramic atomizer ones just work way better in my experience

• Like Like x 1
  13. I believe he just means to not screw it down all the way tight, just screw it in until you start feeling any resistance, and unscrew like a quarter turn

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ohhh, yeah I’ve tried that too :(

15. It must just be a shitty cartridge brand then if the atomizer is crapping out halfway through the cart.

16. Ugh that sucks, it’s from the dispensary you’d think it’d be decent enough quality that it doesn’t crap out all the time