Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question Regarding New Jersey's Medical Marijuana Law

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by ultimation, Jan 12, 2010.

1. So now that the bill has been approved..I have a question. I have Neurofibromatosis, which is a disease which causes tumors and other effects on the body.. I have a past of severe pain and have been on prescription drugs for about eight years now to help ease/control it. There has been no specific mentioning of NF in the bill, but articles say that the medical marijuana will be for those who have chronic pain, which I in fact have a strong history of. Will there be any chance of being able to use medical marijuana instead of the prescribed drugs now?

2. I dont see why not.

3. go to this website: www.cmmnj.org

it's the Coalition for Medical Marijuana in New Jersey

there is much info you can read on that site including the entire A804/S119 bill that was just signed into law.

here is a blog from that site:

CMMNJ note to potential medical marijuana non-profits

CMMNJ has received many emails this week from those who wish to open an Alternative Treatment Center in New Jersey to serve patients in a medical marijuana program. This has been our reply:

The “New Jersey Compassionate Use Medical Marijuana Act"A804/ S119 was approved by the state legislature on 01/11/10.

When it is signed into law by Governor Corzine, it will remove the state-wide penalties for the possession, and use of up to two ounces of marijuana when a New Jersey licensed physician recommends it for one of the qualifying medical conditions.

Qualifying medical conditions include cancer, AIDS, multiple sclerosis, Crohn's disease, etc. The physician must have an on-going responsibility for the patient's condition. Patients will be issued ID cards in a program run by the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS). Patients may designate a caregiver to assist them with obtaining and using the marijuana. The caregiver must also register with DHSS.

The marijuana will be obtained from Alternative Treatment Centers which will be set up in the north, central and southern parts of the state, with two Centers in each region to start. The Centers will be tightly regulated by the DHSS and the Department of Law and Public Safety, which will monitor the amount of marijuana dispensed at these Centers, much as it now monitors the way Scheduled narcotics are dispensed. New Jersey will be unique among the 14 medical marijuana states in that only the Garden State will prohibit home cultivation of medical marijuana.

Specific information about how to apply to the Department of Health to become an Alternative Treatment Centers will probably not be available until June or September of 2010.

For more info, join the CMMNJ mailing list for monthly updates on the latest info as it becomes available. Visit: The Coalition for Medical Marijuana New Jersey

CMMNJ, a 501(c)(3) public charity, provides education about the benefits of safe and legal access to medical marijuana.

Ken Wolski, RN, MPA
    Executive Director
    Coalition for Medical Marijuana--New Jersey, Inc. The Coalition for Medical Marijuana New Jersey
    219 Woodside Ave.
    Trenton, NJ 08618
    ohamkrw@aol.com

Educate;)! Bless up- violet

4. Thanks for your post. Much appreciated. I guess all that's left now is to cross my fingers and wait.