Question regarding leaf twisting

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Ancient3328, Apr 2, 2019.

1. So one of the issues I am still dealing with is weak stems. For instance, today I went to foliar feed some silica (which I hadnt yet done on these plants) and literally 10 seconds into spraying one plant almost fell over completely and another one had a branch snap which I then had to make a clone out of to save it at all. This leads me to think I am having some sort of nutrient uptake problem because my other plants that are in the same soil but 3 gallon pots were sturdy as hell when I sprayed them with silica. I am just trying to figure out if this is possibly a PH issue as I do not know if 6.9-7.3 is too high. Some searches say anywhere from 6.5-7.0 is ideal and others say 5.5-6.5 so Im not sure what no-till requires. Thank you guys again I don't want to keep asking this question its just the last thing I need to know before looking elsewhere for my issue. It does seem as if they are slowly coming back since I decreased my ballasts to 75 percent, however, the other plants just look SO much better that I want to be sure PH is not the issue.

2. So one of the issues I am still dealing with is weak stems. For instance, today I went to foliar feed some silica (which I hadnt yet done on these plants) and literally 10 seconds into spraying one plant almost fell over completely and another one had a branch snap which I then had to make a clone out of to save it at all. This leads me to think I am having some sort of nutrient uptake problem because my other plants that are in the same soil but 3 gallon pots were sturdy as hell when I sprayed them with silica. I am just trying to figure out if this is possibly a PH issue as I do not know if 6.9-7.3 is too high. Some searches say anywhere from 6.5-7.0 is ideal and others say 5.5-6.5 so Im not sure what no-till requires. Thank you guys again I don't want to keep asking this question its just the last thing I need to know before looking elsewhere for my issue. It does seem as if they are slowly coming back since I decreased my ballasts to 75 percent, however, the other plants just look SO much better that I want to be sure PH is not the issue.

3. interesting. i can think of one reason people have brittle branches but your pictures in the beginning of the thread don't really say that. is there a chance you could snag a couple pics? its been a couple weeks so maybe its gotten worse?

4. @skunker~ Thank you for the reply man...it actually seems to be getting better now with growth resuming as normal. I lowered my trellis and raised my lights as well as cut them down to 75 percent of their full strength so that definitely seems to have helped. I do think it may have been a dual problem with PH not being quite right yet (maybe my soil didnt adequately cook enough?) but I will post some updated pics for you guys, thank you again!

• Like Like x 1
  5. i think that if you are noticing improvement from raising the lights, that would probably resolve the issues. i don't think it's pH or nutrient deficiency. if you have new growth that looks good, then i think it's figured itself out and you should just grow on. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1