Question on when to harvest that I can't find an answer to!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by morebang4urbuck, Nov 24, 2012.

1. :gc_rocks: :confused_2: At the beginning of week 8 on Paradise seeds 'Sensi Star' and almost all of the large leaves are turning yellow and the bud is starting to turn a light green. It is being used for pain so the trichs on the buds need to be cloudy and amber so it is very strong. Is this normal? Will the buds turn yellow? Should they be chopped over the next few days or just wait until the end of week 8? Need some seasoned growers to chime in on this one please and thanks guys!:yay:

Attached Files:

2. Will the buds turn yellow.......?

Have you ever bought yellow weed?

You could harvest now, but looking at your close up, you may need a little more time. Most those trichomes seem to be clear, not even cloudy yet.

With the condition of the plant though, it looks like it's coming to an end pretty quickly.

3. Hard to tell need better pics

4. Make sure most if not all white hairs have changed and then I would go with anything between 24-48 hours of darkness just to be safe.

5. I let my 8 week strains go 10, 11, 12 weeks...of course you need healthy plants to be able to do this...

Right now and over the next few weeks is when resin/thc production is really kicking in - don't short yourself taking them too early. You'll end up disappointed.

J

6. This was dead on! They were given some very weak floraliscious plus (1/4 tsp for 2.5 gallons of 7.0 pH water to help give them a last burst of energy and resin/essential oil production and then the day temps were dropped from 77 to 72 and the night temps from 68 to 58 for three days and didn't check them for three days! The trichs are at about 20% amber:hello:, the calyxs all have swollen top to bottom and they STINK like a lemony skunk! Some of the calyxs are even purple so thats pretty interesting. Thanks again for the advice and for all you that say show me the pics,here you go! Its hard to tell in the first pic because the light is on but if you look at the colors of the trichs really close some are darker and some are milky. Check out that freak purple bud !?!? Love these ladies and they love you right back!:eek:

Attached Files: