Question on when to flower after transplanting

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by drew425, Jan 4, 2013.

1. I just transplanted my 27 day old Sour Diesel into a 5 gallon container this tuesday. I want to get it into flowering asap since its grow very fast. How long should I wait after transplanting? Thanks

2. I would give it about 2 weeks for it to get its roots re-established before u switch it over to 12/12

chill & smoke some bud!

3. Crap knew I shoulda transplanted sooner

4. U could probably could get away wit switching it n a week to 12/12. The longer u veg the big it gets which ='s more yield.

chill & smoke some bud!

5. thanks bro

6. Chances are the initial shock of the transplant will probably slow, or even briefly halt, new growth. Once you see new growth resume you're probably good to go on flowering as that's probably a good indicator that your plant has become accustomed to it's new home.

7. #7 pointswest, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2013
    Grow the plant until half of the available vertical space is filled, then switch. Switching sooner will only result in reduced harvests. You are going to grow for 3-4 months, why flower early and get only a few buds for your efforts?

The flowering will only begin when the leaf arrangement switches from opposite to alternate, so you are only shorting yourself by flowering earlier. Only plants grown from cuttings will start to flower in the early stage of growth.

PW