Question on Veg Lighting??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BungaJack, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Hey i have 2 questions. 1. I grew indoors once and cant remember what the hours were for vegging? 2. Would it be good to use a Florescent lighting unit and use grow lights instead of regular lights? Iam only doing this to grow the plants up inside then put outdoors. (Unless my dad goes through w/ letting me grow in the attic of his work shop) Which i will still prolly put some outside. But know im just babbling on. Thanks again GC!!!!!!!:hello:

2. 1)12 hours on, 12 hrs off
    2)yes

Plants have a better chance living outside if they are born outside.
    They grow stronger and just as fast . Dont waste your time unless you live where it frosts before 90 days

3. 1. for veggin id go with 16/8 or 18/6
    2. yea thats fine if by normal lights you mean incandescent

4. Ya i got everything set up just got to go to town 2morrow and buy me some 48 inch grow bulbs. Then i will be set. I think im goin to go with 12/12 veg until there 6 to 8 inch tall and put them outside in my garden. :hello:

5. no you cant veg with 12/12, thats the light you flower with. Shafro must have misunderstood, because you should never(you cant) veg with 12/12. You need to do some more reading before you start this grow, because youre in for a rude awakening

6. yer you cant veg for 12/12 because itll trigger the plant for flowering. you need to use 18/6 or 20/4. then switch to 12/12 when you want it to start producing bud.
    if youll be flowering outside, then youll have to wait till its the right time of the year before your plant starts to flower.

7. not neccessarily true slanesh(the outdoors bit) if you're growing outdoors, you can get some heavy duty black garbage bags and cover your plant outside during the dark period. I havent tried it yet, but i have asked around and people have confirmed that it works.

8. #8 BungaJack, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2009
    All im tryin to do is grow them up a lil inside because the weather went south and if i put them out they will die. Weather was in the upper 50's mid 60's for 2 weeks with it getting 70 3 or 4 times. Then we get slammed w/ snow and cold weather.

But your right NYC Diesel. I have done a indoor grow before. I just got the hours mixed up. I even asked my friend about it and he had me goin in the wrong direction. I knew 12/12 was a lil to short. Thanks yall.

I know i will be in here before 2 long i will be doing a indoor grow. Will need a few pointers. Thanks again my fellow blades!!!!

9. no problemo. i was planning on putting my started babies outside once they grow a few more inches and the temperature doesnt keep going below 50.