Question on the role of the Church

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by amsterdamage, Oct 23, 2008.

1. I need the advice of a religious person!

How does this position by the Church make sense???

http://catholicnewsagency.com/new.php?n=14124
    I'm trying to understand their position but it just doesn't make sense. :confused:

Are they not able to understand that it is the LACK of legal supply that CAUSES drug trafficking and corruption?
    Unrelenting demand coupled with zero legal supply creates a golden opportunity for criminals to get enormously rich very quickly. This is basic economics!

The correct position for the Church to take is to support legal supply. This will destroy the very environment that enriches these criminals and protect every member of society.

I hope somebody smarter than me can tell me how their position makes sense to them! Please.

2. are there no religious people here??

I really want to hear the religious reason why the Church supports prohibition, so if anyone could help me with this I'd be extremely grateful!

3. Well, to put it simply in a religious context... they are children of the Devil.

It is only out of sheer corruption that an authority like a church would openly lobby government. Churches have been in cahoots with governments for a long time and this is yet another example of how they have abused their authority.

"You shall not make wrongful use of the name of your God."- Third Commandment

And prohibition laws are not accepatable according to the teachings of Jesus... the Golden Rule.

4. The role of the church is to take tax free money from the people that go to it.

5. I'm a christian and I know god invented weed for the use of man.

I also believe the catholic church is part of the whore of babylon. They are not the true church of christ. The word "church" simply means the body of believers.

I think if a person who claims to be a believer in jesus, yet wants his neighbor to be beaten and arrested by police for possessing a gift from god is not loving his neighbor in his heart.

6. Another example were the church is getting evolved with politics, its like playing with nitroglycerin!

Any little move...booom!