Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question on storing resin

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SeraphySmokes99, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Hey GC,

I was about to go toke when I noticed my pipe was clogged up. So I went to town with an extended paperclip and pulled out 2 little balls of sticky resin. So I put them on a playing card (i have a bunch in my house) and I'm lettin it sit.

So my question is, can I just let it sit and dry out or should i put it in a mason jar or a baggie or something?

Danks

2. Let it sit and dry if it's wet.

If it's dry then put it in a jar and save.

3. If you're trying to smoke it right now, I'm pretty sure you can. Leaving it out will dry it out the quickest of those three options

4. Not sure how many answers you'll get about pipe resin. Many folks here don't even smoke bowls until they're black, gently charred is good enough for some of us :)

But if you're really hard up, I'd suggest storing it just like you would store either hash or herb (in a jar). Usually though, where pipe resin is concerned, most people either use it right away or throw it out. It's rarely considered save-able.

I take it you got it from a water pipe though, since you'd like it to dry? If it's wet, and not just oily, then give it a day or two before using or jarring it.

5. Well my original plan was to toke right away, but an actual ball of resin is rare for me (hard for me to get a decent amount since scraping out a bubbler can be annoying as hell). And I know not everyone is down with resin, but I am a big fan of resin bowls. So I was gunna hold up and smoke it after I do some homework so I just have nothin' else to do but melt and play some video games.

So yeah, I was plannin on smoking it later tonight. So after it's dry I should stick it in the jar?

6. I would say it's like soft tar. It's very malleable but I wouldn't go so far as to call it wet. And it's funny cuz I'm not out of weed or nothin, I just love me a fat resin bowl.

7. This is the most disturbing thing ive read all day.

8. Honestly I used a Alan Wrench on my water bong...god rest it's stinky soul :cry: . Push it up the bowl all it would stick to it and I'd leave it on the tray heat it up when I want it scrap off smoke. I really don't think it ruins it leaving out it's pretty much in a solid form.

9. dude thats what a pipe cleaner is for, to remove the resin... not smoke it, whats the point in even having a water bong if ur going to smoke the bad shit too?

10. bend a clothes hanger to your liking good bong tool..
    just leave the resin on the card just put it in the bowl.

11. First of all, first of all, lets get somethin straight here. This thread ain't about to smoke or not to smoke resin. So if you don't have anything to say about the storage and utilization of the resin, then I respectfully am asking you to move along. If you got some tips, then divulge some info. I got my personal interests and you got yours. I'm not hatin, just sayin.

12. ok well if I was you and going to store some resin, I would use a paperclip, or dental tool to collect it, and I would save it by putting it on lil tiny nug of weed... and keep that in a jar

13. i never ever use pipe cleaners anymore lol. i used it once and it was a neon color but i got alot of neon green hairs stuck in it lol. it was a handpipe though but i had to go rince it out and get the hairs out. i guess that was easier than doing my normal way of cleaning (where you put it in a bag with iso alchohol and salt).

14. Iread the title as "snorting" resin, too.
    haha.
    :p

15. Yup. Thats how Ive done it for years. Ive got a 35MM camera film canister I keep it in.
    Comes in handy when you're dry or broke:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. A bowl of resin? =\ ....if thats what floats your boat

17. I like yourself good sir, am an avid resin smoker. I have friends that have me come clean there pipes and shit, and they tell me to throw the resin away :eek: ...I'm like...HELL NO..I'll keep that shit..lol

If you have a nice good amount, just wait till it's dry and put it in a baggy or something. Theres really no wrong way of storing it..I've had 3 grams in an envelope for like 3 months between my mattress when i was still living with my parents and it smoked just fine..lol

I just cleaned my pipe in preperation for mt hash, but I got a little bit of resin and it's fixing to go up in smoke..lol

Best option..Plastic baggy once it's dried, and put that in either a jar, camera film thing, etc,etc

18. Smoke it wet, smoke it dry. It doesn't matter it all works the same. Just keep a knife handy to stir that shit.