Question on seeds~

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by AlohaGrown, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Alright, so time and time again I have popped seeds using the plate method, and put them into soil with no problems. This time, I planted them into solo cups after they sprouted, with some slits in the sides of the cups so air could go inside, but i think i might not have made them wide enough or something. Is it possible to plant them too deep into the solo cups, or will they die from suffocation if the holes are not big enough?? Also, I have heard that FFOF sometimes can burn the seedlings, but I have never had that problem before...

It has only been two days, but two of my Deep Purple (TGA) popped, while a third has a stem sticking up but the Cotyldeon is brown/black and has not shown signs of anything in a day. The other two Deep Purple have not come above soil yet, and the Pandora's Box (TGA) has not emurged yet either. I havn't lost hope on the PB since it has only been three days or so since i planted them, but the other DP i fear are doomed. Any suggestions?

Aloha~

2. pics please?

3. Hey Alohagrown,

Yes it is possible to plant them too deep but if ones come up then you should be right. Give it another day and see, if nothing you can always take away a bit of top soil if you feel they are too deep.

4. if you do this be very gentle and use extreme caution. Sometimes they just need a *tiny* bit of encouraging to spring to life.

OP, just mist them daily with a spray bottle and keep a close eye on em...sometimes it takes a while .......as for the discolored cotyledon, dont worry i recently had a white rhino seedling that was pure purple with orange edges and grew slowly that is currently flowering and doing great..... how much light are they under?

5. Thanks for all the replies! I have them under 3 mini halogen bulbs, they are not an ideal typical grow light buuut, they work and have worked before (output is like 6000 lumens each and heavy on the blue spectrum)... and the babies are too weak to go under my 1000w hps or the hawaiian sun... usually i try to have my sproutlings behind a screen window and they do great, but it has been rainy so i used my old halogens that i had used for my current querkle grow when they were seedlings (that is technically my first grow, popping the seeds for my second). im gonna try to post some pics now~

6. Here are two pics, one of the "damaged" gear, and one of her sister that seems to be ok~

Attached Files:

7. not too weak for the HPS or sun bro, i guarantee it....... if you really want to acclimatize them, set them in ambient sunlight for a few hours, then move to direct light, back and forth. keep the HPS at least 4' from the seedling

8. Agreed ,
    I always mist my seedlings out of the soil and I've got 100% sprouting rate with all seeds I've planted .
    I misted 2-3 times a day for 3 days even mist off the shell once the seedling sprouts don't take it off by hand .

9. Thanks for the feedback everyone, seedlings are in the sunlight this morning and looking good :) Ill post in a day or two for the verdict of the other seeds if anyone cares :p haha

10. Dude ofc they are too littles for 1000W HPS.
    For the sunlight 2-3 hours dialy for first 2 days no more.After that increas sunlight.

11. [quote name='"Gravel Grower"']not too weak for the HPS or sun bro, i guarantee it....... if you really want to acclimatize them, set them in ambient sunlight for a few hours, then move to direct light, back and forth. keep the HPS at least 4' from the seedling[/quote]

This^

Unless you are talking about putting that hps extremely close you are fine. At 4" away your plant is receiving less light from a 1000w than it would from a couple of cfls. To reach levels of light toxicity you would have to be within inches of the plants, not feet. As long as heat is under control you would be fine about 2 ft away.

12. your soil is lookin dry bruh