Question on "sealed ballast"

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by mrprickleypete, Apr 9, 2006.

  1. Hey everyone,

    I've heard people mention that they had a sealed fixture, which I can only assume is the ballast. What exactly is this? is it to cut back on the temperature that the ballast produces? that is really the only thing I can figure. Also, how does one go about sealing the fixture? any help would be appreciated
  2. [​IMG]Usually a sealed fixture refers to a light inside a reflector with a piece of glass on the bottom and 2 ducting fixtures attaches to each end, or in this case one end. Then you can run an inline fan and some ducting and have yor light "sealed" and wisk away the heat and lower the amount of venting you have to have. Wether or not it includes the ballast is up to you and your set up. For the most part people use a remote ballast so you dont have the additional heat. Wether your going to buy or make a light I would go with a remote ballast.

Share This Page