Question On Scrog Setup

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dionysos803, Aug 5, 2014.

1. So I am growing in a 2.5x2.5x5.5 tent planted in 5 gal buckets filled with coco perlite. I'd like to setup a SCROG but since I'm not growing with hydro how would I go about flushing the coco when it comes time to do so? I'm growing two plants so moving them out of the tent would be out of the question when they grow through the screen.
    More specifically, how to I collect and remove the runoff from flushing it out of the tent. I can just use a hose to run the water as a means of feeding and flushing. But since I can't pull them out it makes it much harder to remove any extra runoff or 15 gallons of water from flushing them.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I would just give them pH balanced water at the end of it's life (last two weeks). I am doing my first scrog as well, but I have had plants tied up in the past that also couldn't be moved. I just gave them water at the very end to flush them.

As far as just dumping 15 gallons of water through, I'm not sure if that's good or bad. Hopefully snoop or gold will jump in and help out. But I feel it wouldn't be too good for the roots being THAT wet. They need oxygen.

3. Just about every thing I've read on how to flush a plant is to run two to three gallons of water per gallon of soild through it. I felt that was just way to much was I intended on running 1.5gallons of water per gallon of soil (5 gallon planter, 7 to 7.5 gallons of water)

4. I have heard about big flushes like that, and have actually done them myself when I first started growing (plants were not tied to anything). I also didn't pH balance back then. I'd just run them in the shower for a while (only putting water in the soil of course).

So really I'm curious to see what others say.

5. But yeah I mean I think it would be crazy to run 10 to 15 gallons of water through them all at once (and i don't mean dump it all in 5 seconds).

6. Wet dry shop vac will suck up water real good and fast.

Arm loads of towels will hold quit a bit. Wring them out into buckets.

Flushing for any reason is kind of fucked up. At harvest people who over fertilize do it, some nuke the plants and drown the plant to save it.

Its also messed up to fill a plant with water and harvest it.

In every other farm type operation the plant or animal is taken off food or water before harvesting.

Wet vacs work wonders! I would still use towels as a perimeter so the water doesn't run too far.

Heavy watering before harvest also increases time for drying, I assume that's one of the reasons you say that?

• Like Like x 1
    Yea, it makes no sense to pump the plant full of water and chop it off.