Question on pot size.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by OrangeHairz, Jun 3, 2010.

1. If I keep a plant in a small container will it grow small or will it die? Like will it just be a small plant or will it have problems? Thanks alot this will really help.

2. it'll become really badly rootbound and if it gets severe enough it might die, but if it doesnt then yes it will be small

3. Thanks man. Does anyone else have an opinion?

4. the bigger the better

5. I know the bigger the better. But it's way easier to hide 1 gal vs. 3 gal bucket and same thing with a party cup and 1 gal. I just want a small small plant that will give me a few grams.

6. Depends how big you want to grow it.

I use 1 Ltr. plastic boxes, and inside 3-Ltr. boxes, MJ can grow a metre or so, if the soil is fresh, has nutes, is top quality, and enough light.

If they have to stay inside a smaller pot, they won't die, but simply at some point of time, developement will slow down. They will just stop growing, or only a very little. Dying is unlikely unless you use bad soil, totally overwatered, and not enough light. Plants sometimes commit "suicide" if there is not enough light, or they become so weak thay the roots and leaves will easily fall prey to insects.

If there is a lot of light, for instance 24 hours, and high temperature, you can even maintain growth using aqua culture (small plants into glass or plastic box with water). Algae will grow as a slime on the roots, and they will even grow new leaves. But I never tested that over long time, just some weeks. I use it sometimes to regrow roots, which goes much faster directly in water. Using soil I had them dying out of weakness sometimes.

But yea I am a bit special with my growth, and myself I might be weird as well, so people may disagree. Don't take what I write as if I would be paid expert.