Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question on packing Hookah Bowl?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by jsrnash12, Feb 12, 2008.

1. I have done it many times before, just want to see if maybe i could improve or if there is a better way of doing it. When you put weed (any kind) into your hookah how much do you put in, and how do you pack t in with the tobacco?

2. I haven't much experience on this, only a few times have I packed a hookah with weed, but I recommend you used ground up mj in between two layers of tobacco. The key is to not use too much, only a light sprinkling over the tobacco so that you can push it together and make it all stick together like an icecream sandwich does. I find Hookahing cannabis produces a stronger high than a bowl would, so not much is needed.

3. yep grind it and mix/layer it in the shisha

4. i always feel gross when i put weed in the hookah, i keep my hookah for tobacco use only. also weed leaves gross residue in the hookah, much worse than tobacco.

5. I does get you VERY high though.

6. Weed does leave a more pronounced residue than shisha, but if you clean your hookah regularly (hot soapy water, scrubber brush, a few times a month) it's not a problem. You're supposed to replace your hoses once or twice a year, too, regardless of what you smoke out of your hookah.

If it's just me smoking I'll put a thin layer of shisha to cover the holes then put about a bowl of weed. If it's me and my girl about two bowls. If it's any more than that I'll stuff my wooden grinder full of weed (~1.5-2g) and add about a quarter teaspoon of water. This will help keep the weed as moist as the shisha so it doesn't catch on fire.

When loading shisha, don't be afraid to get your fingers sticky. Pull it apart, remove any stems, and sprinkle it lightly into the bowl; don't press or pack it. Same goes when you load weed. As others mentioned, sandwiching the weed between layers of shisha is nice. Stronger flavors work best on the bottom... I smoked a bowl with mint on the bottom and sweet melon on top earlier and it was amazing... sweet going in and a slight mint twinge on the exhale.

Just remember... a bowl overfull is nothing but wasted weed. You want about a half centimeter at least between the coal screen and whatever's loaded in the bowl.

7. haha, hashaman you beat me to it. another arghileh aficionado i see, lol.
    ive experimented and stuck to this method my father taught me.
    put a thin layer of mo'asel(tobacco) on the bottom of the bowl, and sprinkle more in the bowl only on the sides leaving a little crater in the center. sprinkle a bit of broken up bud in that little crater, and cover lightly with more baccy. never pack the bowl down either. everything sould be 'fluffy' for lack of a better word.