Question on my Industrial Hemp career opportunity.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by newgrower713, Oct 4, 2016.

1. My best friend and I are fresh out of college. He and I are both casual stoners but very interested in Hemp and its benefits, and we've been researching the plant for years. My friend is heir to an almost $2 billion fortune and has one of the richest families in Texas. He owns property in Colorado, and he has been floating the idea of starting an industrial hemp farm/company on his property with me and using his money to help fund it. I mentioned to him that it might not be economically viable to grow hemp industrially in Colorado due to the fact that Hemp farms are for the most part outdoors and it snows quite often in Colorado.

What I'm asking is, am I right or is it really doable to have an outdoor hemp farm in CO despite its snowy weather being bad for crop? I know we can't grow hemp in a warehouse due to the amount of acres most hemp farms take up (hundreds of acres) and it would be impossible to build something of that size on his land.

2. California has the green rush right now. Next year is going to explode with new farms.

And if I had 2 BIL$ I would build the sickest farm and enjoy the rest of my life growing weed

3. Is it safe to grow hemp outside year round, or will the snow kill the crop in CO?

4. Idk. But here in southern Cali we can grow year around.

5. No. It would get way to cold for it to survive. If you wanted to go to Colorado for the freedom then do it and think smarter. If you have a high investment you might as well go smart. Do indoor. Hook the factory to solar panels. Sell any extra energy to the power company. Now you can control the environment which will help in future when you go hrdyo or organic

Good luck with it. Hope it works out.

Check out my first grow.
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.p...x6'-tent+-Newbie=what-could-go-wrong?.1420015. Sent from my magical device that provide bud pictures and hot girls

• Like Like x 1