question on methods of growing...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dutch mastah, Jul 6, 2009.

1. ok so here's my situation...

im moving in with my dad and i have a big, kind of low ceiling closet to use for growing.

i have some knowledge of growing because i read many threads on GC and i have tended to some small outdoor plants.

i want to buy low ryder's so i can yield asap(also because i dont want my plants getting too big in our fairly large apartement). also, i'm not too sure if i should try making a hydroponic system or just grow in some pots and use the LST method.

basically, i need some pros and cons on the two. i know that hydro grows quick and probably wouldn't be too expensive. but what it comes down to is the quality, if i grew some of each with some small t5 florescent lights, reflective walls and what not, what would come out better. and what would be easier? i will also put a small fan in there.

also if anyone has any tips on anything else that would be great. i want a fast and easy way to get some decent buds, without breaking my banks too much. im currently paying car insurance with a 140 dollar pay that i receive weekly. car insurance is about 250 a month, so i have a little extra money but not too much.

thanks a lot, stay high :smoking:

2. something you need to know though is that Hydro set ups usually smell a lot more then soil based ones, I'm not sure why but if your hiding it from your dad that could be a problem. But a hydro set up would allow the plant to grow faster then if it was in the soil if you can tackle your Nutrients right then again it seems as though you may be completely unfamiliar with the proper kind of nutrient care needed to keep the plant healthy which could turn out bad unless you catch on to it

3. And also with money being a factor it may be your best bet to go with soil since all you need to grow then is proper lighting, a seed, a flower pot, water and proper soil and a fan wouldnt hurt either

4. well im not hiding it, hes letting me do it as long as nobody finds out (that's not a problem).

i didn't think of the fact that hydro would smell more but i do want to try and keep it on the DL as much as possible.

i also have some good friends that are very experienced growers, i get my dank weed from them in bulk and they have all the nutrient factors i would ever need if i wanted to make my whole house a grow room. so i would have some professional help if i needed it but im trying to get a little more experienced on my own.

when i do head out to worms way, or wherever it is that i go to get my supplies i am going to have them make a list or have them go with me. they had a house filled with plants and it was raided and only one of them got caught. since then he has reduced to a full basement with ten rows of hydro and is growing some more, so with that in mind i do have some backup if something starts to grow wrong. i also took a class on botany and worked on a produce farm for a year.

so i still need to learn more but i'm just trying to get an idea right now because it won't be until september that i can start this anyway.

5. thanks crizl. i think im leaning toward soil as of right now.

6. no problem, i want to take a botany class now at my college haha so i probably will haha so thank you, didnt even think of expanding my knowledge of growing till you mentioned that haha

but then again haha i dont really what to grow anything other than marijuana

also though I often hear that soil produces better stronger buds so its a great choice just takes a little longer to grow big and strong

7. hahah that was my problem. i planted some MJ plants in the little greenhouse. I found out two other kids were doing it too... i was lol'n when the teacher found them.

botany is a little boring unless you talk about pot in it haha.