Question on if I should top my plant or not.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by edwardvanhalen, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Hey guys, I know that topping makes the plant more bushy and probably give more yeald, also how long it's in veg.
    I'm getting an autoflower though so I was wondering should I top her or should I let her become one giant cola? I'm thinking that topping it might be the best idea because I have enough room but I need your guys opinions.

2. Looks to me like messing with autos isn't very productive, i'd just let them go and give them 20 hrs of light every day. Maybe tuck leaves and rotate them every day so every side gets equal light. I've seen people boasting about topping autos but i haven't seen impressive results compared to what i've pulled from doing nothing but leaf tucking and rotating on my first auto crop.

3. This one wasn't productive at all. I could have made this into a huge plant if I wanted.
    I used a very small pot with this grow and used no nutes. That's why it's so small.

4. From what I've seen and read, any high stress training methods are bad for autos, as they have a limited life span. Lst is okay for them though. Basically, don't do anything to an auto that requires recovery time. If you do, you are going to lose that recovery time in flower mode. So if it was going to flower for 6 weeks and you topped it, losing a week to recovery, it will now only flower for 5 weeks.

New and open to any suggestions from the masters.

5. You should only really LST autos there is not enough to time from seed to flower for then to recover properly from a topping

Sent from my SM-N920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Makes a lot of sense bra thanks a lot.